Prowler gas tank >

Prowler gas tank

Notices

Prowler gas tank

Old 08-27-2021, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Prowler gas tank

Is there any type of anti syphon valve in the fuel tank on a 260 prowler? Hurricane Ida heading our way so I pulled the boat from my lift and put it on the trailer in my driveway. Want to be able to get to the 50 gallons of gas in there in case I need it for my generator.

Thanks.
Old 08-29-2021, 05:35 AM
Charter Member #1472
Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

you can always get to the pick up in the tank under the back seat, there's an access panel with about 15 screws and there's your tank fittings.
The following users liked this post:
tmalone76 (08-29-2021)
Old 09-01-2021, 06:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Prowler
you can always get to the pick up in the tank under the back seat, there's an access panel with about 15 screws and there's your tank fittings.

Is it that small panel right in the middle of the floor under the backseat?
Old 09-01-2021, 07:02 AM
Registered

Received 477 Likes on 277 Posts

Why wouldn't you just put a hose down the fill tube and suck it out that way? Opening up the tank is risky business, especially with lightning and other things going around in a big storm like that. I don't know, am I wrong?
Old 09-01-2021, 07:15 AM
Charter Member #1472
Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

yes. it is a small panel, you wouldn't have to open the tank. not sure but the should be another bung there for twin engines or just take the fuel line off that feeds your engine and put a hose on it.
Old 09-01-2021, 10:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Helmwurst
Why wouldn't you just put a hose down the fill tube and suck it out that way? Opening up the tank is risky business, especially with lightning and other things going around in a big storm like that. I don't know, am I wrong?
Tried that. I dont know how small the filler neck gets but I couldnt fit the hose that I had on hand all the way down into the tank. I found an autoparts store that was open and bought some 3/8" fuel line and some barb fittings and pulled the supply line going to my fuel cutoff switch and spliced a new section of hose from there down to the ground. Got my truck filled up and generator gas cans topped off.

Thanks.
The following users liked this post:
Helmwurst (09-01-2021)