Winter Modifications? >

Winter Modifications?

Notices

Winter Modifications?

Old 05-26-2003, 06:45 AM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was it hard to install your scoop without messing up the vinyl upholstry?
Old 05-26-2003, 11:11 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

prowler the boat looks great!! we were out yesterday for a while in the beautiful weather!! i see you got the vents , cup holders and steering wheel , did you get the purple steering hub ? who did the powder coating on the headers and valve covers ? if you don't already get the grab bars on the pass. side and swim platform done , it looks awsome. hope to see you on the river soon and at the poker run coming up on 6/14.
Old 05-26-2003, 08:37 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,251 Likes on 544 Posts

http://www.sandycovemarine.com/lighting/aqua_pole20.htm

...is the only place I have found that lists the replacement pole light base in White. I ordered it about 2 weeks ago, (from Canada), and I have not seen it yet. Hopefully this week.

Boat ran great today in Downtown DC.
Old 05-26-2003, 09:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

sydwayz and prowler picked up a white base for the stern lite at the sonic factory in feb. they had plenty of them if you need one.
Old 05-26-2003, 09:25 PM
Charter Member #1472
Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Go4Broke, OH! that's the plan, I didn't know your going all out!! I guess ya don't want that radar arch real cheap then!!..LOL

Installing the scoop wasn't that bad. I did everything myself except for the upholstery stitching. I used a protractor for the measurements (my center was where the carb stud rubbed on the hatch). I used a roto zip...it took 6 or 7 bits, going through that fiberglass. Before I did this though, I had already removed the vinyl off of the entire hatch and the center head rest. The foam is glued to the hatch and the vinyl just lays overtop. After I cut the hole I used a razor knife to cut the foam out. Then I put the upholstery back on and marked where it needed to be cut out and brought the hole thing to the upholstery shop, to have the edge material sewn in.. The upholstery is held on by the stainless trim with screws around the outside of the hatch. I also had to take some of the foam out of the center headrest and make it a semi circle and the upholstery shop sewed the lip on that too. I glassed the scoop on. It came out pretty good.
You've got your motors ready to drop in?? Keep us posted on how things are looking. If the rain keeps up we aren't gonna get any boating in. If you got any questions about how that upholstery is on just ask, I can call you and explain more in detail, I have unlimited long distance..so the wife can chat with all her family in Texas.

26Sonic, we went out Sun. for the first time for about 10 min. just to see how things are... I still have lil kinks to work out. Did Sonic99 go out with her boat too? I hope this weather gets better so I have time to get her running 100% for the Poker run.
Is everyone starting to make there plans yet. It will be here shortly...We did finally get the purple hub, of course, it was the wrong one, so we kept it just so that we have the purple horn button. We also got the steps but they were wrong too, the right one's are hopefully on the way some time soon. We haven't had the grab bars done, but there is a place in Albany that we're thinking about taking them too. As for the headers, they came that way from Paul..(Bassett) we sent him our valve covers and he had them done while they did the headers. Do you still have that extra anchor light receptacle, mine looks pretty bad all busted up like it is...Man do I love those purple vents, they look 100% better, just in time too I stepped on one getting out of the boat and broke it. So what did you go with this year?

Sydwayz, Thanks for the info. Glad to hear your boat is running good. Hopefully I can say the same in the next couple of weekends....LOL
Old 05-27-2003, 12:00 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

prowler i still have an extra stern lite white base that you can have , i bought 2 whem i was at the factory last year . if i see you before the poker run i'll get it to you if not i'll get it to you at the poker run . not sure when me and sonic 99 will be up in kingston area but it should be very shortly. the purple steps we all bought were from eddie marine and made to fit all the sonics , they look great. not sure what upgrades yet , but this year will be purple steering hub and purple water and fuel fills and exhaust. next year modified intake manifold and cam ? still not sure yet . scotts 26 sonic with 500efi and az kit with "its" steering system really is running incredible you'll have to run him. guy that had 35 sonic(yellow and purple) traded it in for 42 fountain fever with twin 525efi and american flag graphics also another guy got a new 38 formula fastec with 525efi's and custom lightening storm graphics!! talk to you soon
Old 05-28-2003, 09:05 PM
Charter Member #1472
Charter Member

26Sonic, cool...that'll work, you just gotta remember to keep it in your boat and not be like me (David) with CRS. It will probably be a couple weekends or so before we head down to Kingston too, since its a trip and the weather has been soo cool yet. We ordered our steps through Eddie Marine too, through Bassett, he sent all of our stuff together, but we forgot to tell him for a Sonic so they aren't wide enough. Did Scott just upgrade his motor with the "az" kit over the winter or is it the same as last year? What exactly does that consist of? It's cool you'll have all that purple stuff for us to oogle at until we actually get around to ordering it. It only took us a couple seasons to finally get the vents. Hope we can have another tie up again like last year, hope my boat is running 100% in time for the Poker run, hope the weather is sunny, and there isn't alot of crap floating in the river too. Man where's that genie in the bottle??? Is there going to be a get together for a tie up like last year on the day of the Poker Run? I haven't seen any plans on the board.....Keep us informed, please.
Old 05-29-2003, 07:56 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

prowler yeah i'll be sure to keep the stern lite base in my boat. i'm sure in about a week you'll see plans being made for the poker run , i'll keep you updated . the az kit on scotts boat consists of a k+n flame arrestor , msd ignit. adj fuel reg, ecu reprog., added new bigger throttle body and modified in take plenum and also did prop change. boat seems to have "perked up" abit. talk to you soon .
Old 06-07-2003, 11:46 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went to the Bassett header site to check out their headers.....

Bassett WARNING: DO NOT USE IN COVERED HATCHES- these are water injected not water jacketed and get very hot!

Right on Rex Marines web site for Bassett headers.
Just a caution note for you... hate to see it catch fire!!
Old 06-07-2003, 09:06 PM
Charter Member #1472
Charter Member

blown formula, our headers are water jacketed. Paul (Bassett) made these special for us, this is his new design. The only problem is the man hours it took for him to hand make them he doesn't think he's gonna market them. We had other headers from him previously which were also water jacketed. We've been running his headers for the past 6 years or so on V hull boats. He does make water jacketed headers, maybe there just not on the site you went to. These headers are I believe 2 1/2 " primaries with a 6 " collector. They don't get any warmer than a normal manifold. They are stainless on the inside also. If your interested in them I can give you Paul's phone number and you can talk to him directly. He powder coats them any color you want to (our first set we sent him a color sample of paint that we wanted them powder coated).

So no worries mate, we won't be needing the fire brigade!!

I attached a pic. of the water log if you look closely, its not a very good picture.....but it'll give ya the idea....
Attached Thumbnails Winter Modifications?-dsc00220.jpg  

Quick Reply: Winter Modifications?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.