Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sonic
Winter Modifications? >

Winter Modifications?

Notices

Winter Modifications?

Old 06-08-2003, 08:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Absolutely I would be interested. I even searched on the net and found no Bassetts that were jacketed, only injected. They are good lookin' headers. I would like to talk to him about two sets. Thanks for the info/feedback!
Old 06-08-2003, 06:25 PM
Charter Member #1472
Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I'll tell ya one thing, today was our first time out in the boat that we could actually get on it and HOLY S%*t!! I got alot more speed than expected. You see last year I only had the B&M 250 Blower on her, but Paul had sent me some EMI Thunders to run on her while he was making our new headers, we sent him our old Bassett headers for him to kind use as a model. So we ended up running the EMI's all season long. The boat wasn't happy. She was sluggish, but she still pinned the 80 mph speedo (sometimes) not consistent. So, I added the innercooler, this year, to snap her up a little bit. I didn't expect to see big numbers, I just wanted a honest 80 gps. I think my speedo is probably appx. 4 mph off. The lower speeds are right on with my old gps though for some reason. The upper speeds, I never stayed on her long enough to let the gps catch up and give me a accurate reading..it takes a looooong time. Plus, I also got my new headers......well...now when you get on it, it pulls like a mother, instead of the old freight train feeling...and when I saw 90 mph on my speedo, I let off. That was running 5200 rpm with more to go, not trimmed up and 6 lbs. appx. boost. I really don't think I even want to trim it up.... I know I definitely got my 80 mph gps!!!! I was gonna go with a bigger blower in a couple of years but now I'm not. She's plenty fast for me now. So, I know all that can't be from that innercooler alone, those headers woke that mother right up!! That was the problem all along last year, she was running like she had a sock in her mouth (EMI's)

So give Paul a call 1-800-345-5824 and tell him you saw Dave Sherman from NY's headers, and he'll know who your talking about....tell him you want two sets and he'll probably groan...LOL
He's a heck of a nice guy and he goes out of his way to make you a happy customer. You should hear the deep throaty rumble......
Old 06-08-2003, 06:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damm, CONGRATS Prowler!!!!!!!!

Just FYI about the stern light bases.

Years ago when I used to manage a Boaters World store we kept the black Aqua Signal bases in stock. All I needed to do was call Aqua Signal and get the white base stock number and put in a special order. Took about a week or two but it is cheaper and you could buy the black for the mean time if you wanted to go out at night.

Just a thought.

Last edited by Mark in So. MD; 06-08-2003 at 06:33 PM.
Old 06-08-2003, 07:12 PM
Charter Member #1472
Charter Member

Did you hear that Tony??

Can ya believe it? We actually got to take the boat out today..We wanted to make sure she was good to go to the Poker Run. She pulled soo hard and was climbing soo much I scared myself and Missy (mostly) that I had to let off. I didn't even play with the damn trim. I usually to have to play with the trim for a half mile to get her going. Maybe once theres a little less crap floating I'll play some more, but I was trying to keep my eye on all the "new" gauges and the crap floating plus the yacht waves. I only got a couple fuel problems (crap getting stuck in the needle and seat) that I have to find where its coming from before Sat. We (Baja bro. and I) are now tossing around the idea of trailering to Gully's to put in there with everyone else. This way we don't have to worry about gas, and the long ass river ride home if we want to hang out. We're still thinking though...Don't know if anyone else from up here is gonna run the river down. Are both you and Sonic99 bringing your boats??? How many will be putting in there? Hows the parking? Hows the launch does it have a dock to tie up to or do you have to drive on and off (we hate that!!) Sorry about all the questions, but its stuff we are deliberating on!!
Old 06-08-2003, 07:33 PM
Charter Member #1472
Charter Member

Thanks Mark!!
It sure surprised the sh*t out of us!!!
Like I said to 26Sonic, once the river has a little less crap floating, and I make sure everything is right on, I'll get the true numbers. I don't know if my speedo could be 10 mph off, but hell I know I'm doing 80 anyway....I wonder how she'd run with my 26 labbed Bravo one, if she's pulling like that with a 27 labbed Mirage???? It feels like with the four blade she'd blow my Bravo
Sorry just thinking out loud......and you boatless for now.....
Damn, now I know I'm gonna install that nose cone...if its only good for over 80, it'll work for me..I'm probably doing at lease 82 LOL The boat definitely feels like its riding different..more of it out of the water.
Thanks for the info. on stern light base, mine works its just cracked big time with one screw holding it. Thanks, to 26sonic though he's got one for me, if we catch up for the NYC Poker Run this Sat.
Old 06-08-2003, 07:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dave sounds like you created a monster!!! there is plenty of space to park the trailers and the ramp is wide enough to put in 2 boats at a time plus there are docks right there to dock at so you can put your trailer away . there is also room next door in jills marina to dock at and hang out with the rest of us . looks like at least 4-5 boats leaving with us and others to join us on the way down including the 32 sunsation with single 500hp with whipple charger! were using jills boat and 2 friends are going with us . i'll bring the white stern lite base with me . call jill if you have any question on that cell phone # this week. see you later .
Old 06-08-2003, 08:05 PM
Charter Member #1472
Charter Member

Okay, I forgot to ask ya...are you positive your leaving at 9AM-9:30AM...caus thats mighty early for us up North...LOL.. David's got to work the night before so its gonna be cutting it close for us that early. We'd have to be rolling on the thruway by 8AM..to be there by 9AM. Not counting loading up the boat, getting gas, getting to the thruway, feeding the kids and putting them in there kennel,etc. you get the point...
What time is the run? It only takes about 1 1/2 hours to get down to it right? We may be closer to 10 AM. We'll shoot for earlier, but more than likely this or that will make it closer to 10AM. I hope all goes well, can't wait to see everyone!!!