Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sonic
The "Blown Formula" Sonic Project  !! >

The "Blown Formula" Sonic Project !!

Notices

The "Blown Formula" Sonic Project !!

Old 12-29-2004, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: The "Too Old's Sonic" Project !!

Well, since I re-did the dash I had to go ahead to replace the stock Sonic fuse block arrangement where you have to remove the bathroom mirror to check the fuses.... I could not find a breaker panel I liked so I made one ( why would I do that???). Again, this is purple.... notice the slight Sonic "wave" incorporated in the panel...... I wonder about that other thing.... "MY Perogative".... how's that for a boat name?? It's ALL been my perogative!!
Attached Thumbnails The "Blown Formula" Sonic Project  !!-breaker-panel-1.jpg  
Old 12-29-2004, 09:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look's great!
Old 01-06-2005, 11:44 AM
Registered

The finished panel front & back
Attached Thumbnails The "Blown Formula" Sonic Project  !!-brkr-panel-done.jpg   The "Blown Formula" Sonic Project  !!-brkr-panel-back.jpg   The "Blown Formula" Sonic Project  !!-whole-panel.jpg  

Old 01-07-2005, 09:24 AM
Registered

Nice work...What did the painter charge for the dash if ya dont mind me asking? Wht brand paint did he use and did he clear coat it too?
mike
Old 01-07-2005, 12:10 PM
Registered

I don't mind you asking.... he charged me $200.00 for both panels. Considering the time involved, the craftmanship & the cost of materials I think that was a decent price. The laser etching cost me another $60.00. The custom breaker panel & the trim panels (I got two of each- even the holes were laser cut) for $100.00 The breakers I bought of Ebay (in a new unused panel) for $23.00. So total cost for everything was $383.00....about what a "plain jane" breaker panel from WEST or Boatus would cost. I don/t really know what brand of paint he used but it is clear coated. You can hardly feel the overlays in the paint. This guy is GOOD!

Last edited by blown formula; 01-07-2005 at 12:12 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 06-28-2005, 11:19 PM
Registered

Re: The "Too Old's Sonic" Project !!

Gosh, golly, Hot Damn, I don't believe it but after 18 months I got a call today.... !!

I get to pick up the Sonic from the paint shop Wednesday!!
Just in time to try to get it together for LOTO for the Shootout (if possible)!! This has really been stressful, but we are on the last leg now...... I never even got to start it again after putting on the Chuck Noone modified Dominators.
I can't wait!!
More pictures coming soon, I promise.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:38 PM
Registered

you are too patient. can't wait to see it. why don't you get it together and come to the Grand Slam poker run July 23rd.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:47 PM
Registered

Paul, You wouldn't believe it but.... on the way back to the lake I blew TWO tires!! Same side. These were not worn tires either. Nearly new tread on them. At the same time, a mobile home transport going the opposite way blew FIVE tires and ended up in the ditch!! Guess I'm just lucky.
No damage to the boat thank God. It's now in the garage just waiting for my return from an Arkansas family reunion over the 4th of July. Then to LOTO to pickup the Formula....... no big boats for 11 months and now I have two again!!
I can't wait to get the Sonic re-assembled, but it might take a couple of weeks yet. I'll know soon how long.
George
Old 08-12-2005, 05:49 PM
Registered

Exclamation Re: The "Too Old's Sonic" Project !!

Finally!!! I got 6 days to work on the Sonic uninterrupted mostly. Result? Check it out!!

The Launch Fill-up $285.00!!
Attached Thumbnails The "Blown Formula" Sonic Project  !!-launch-2.jpg   The "Blown Formula" Sonic Project  !!-launch-3.jpg   The "Blown Formula" Sonic Project  !!-floats-2.jpg  

Last edited by blown formula; 08-12-2005 at 05:51 PM. Reason: addition sentence
Old 08-12-2005, 09:58 PM
Registered

Home at Last!! Sweet ride! I still have to finish the cuddy, but everthing is working fine now..... except I need to change the drive ratio to 1.5 from 1.36. Guess I'll do that Sunday with luck, I have spare drives so it should be not a big problem. Engines sounded great... Rock & Roll!!
Attached Thumbnails The "Blown Formula" Sonic Project  !!-dscf0011.jpg   The "Blown Formula" Sonic Project  !!-home-last-2.jpg   The "Blown Formula" Sonic Project  !!-home-4.jpg  

Quick Reply: The "Blown Formula" Sonic Project !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.