The "Blown Formula" Sonic Project  !! >

The "Blown Formula" Sonic Project !!

Notices

The "Blown Formula" Sonic Project !!

Old 01-16-2008, 09:01 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NOT BAD, NOT BAD !! But get RID OF THOSE MICKEY MOUSE FLUSH VALVES.Those are THE worst vavles for flushing. I have seen those valves lock up in the down postion and shut the raw water suply off and burn up the pumps
Old 01-16-2008, 09:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Actually, Sunchaser, those valves were never "really" installed with the engines but were remove for that very reason. Other things have changed also when the engines came out last time. A different fuel system with Aeromotive pumps and regulators & billet fuel filters, the tank transfer valves were removed, the shift assemblies were moved from the transom to the port & stb. sides, the fuses were removed from the transom & replaced with auto-reset breakers behind the rear seat, new McLeod bolsters were installed, the cockpit carpeting was changed from purple to gray (way too hot!!). The ignition systems were changed during the "engine reconstruction" along with the Brodix heads, new intakes & new 950cfm carbs.
I hope to start in Feb. redoing the cuddy upholstery & installing the new macerator head & electric water pump ( I've never used the head in my Formula) but hey, the Sonic came with one so it gets replaced along with everything else. There seems to be a problem with the GUEST battery charger, so I am replacing it with a dual Minn Kota charger. I also want to add a custom hatch/sun pad. That rear hatch is slick when wet!! Bust your ass real fast!! Also on the list is "shortie" lowers to get the props up higher & a cockpit covber ( I have a custom full cover already).
I just finished removing the Prochargers from my 312 Formula
and the NEW owner is supposed to be here this weekend with my check!! Now to buy my new lowers!!
Ain't life grand???? Oh yes, and today was my birthday!!
Old 01-22-2008, 05:43 PM
Registered

Well since we missed it

HAPPY belated BIRTHDAY
Old 01-23-2008, 02:25 PM
Registered

thanks!! sryy fot thr no caps, but i just got out of the hospital toda @ noon after shoulder surgery and i can only use my left hand for now. it sucks big time!! thanks again.
george
Old 12-07-2008, 10:28 PM
Registered

Well, nothing but problems this summer.... the shorties worked great (easy turn up of 26 & 28" props) but one engine just would not rev up past 4500 under load for anything!! Pulled it & found up to 85% leakdown on my new engine with aluminum heads!! Cheaked the 2nd engine & found similar problems...... back to the shop for a serious diagnosis!! I guarantee the same builder will not touch these engines again!!
Oh, & I just had a knee replacement 3 weeks ago!! Which went very well. I'm getting ALL my bad parts replaced it seems!!
Old 12-08-2008, 07:56 AM
Registered

Received 105 Likes on 77 Posts

Very nice looking boat.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:17 PM
Registered

Thanks... it's also the smoothest riding boat I have ever been in.... including Formulas & Fountains....
Old 12-08-2008, 06:55 PM
"Unregistered Gun"
Platinum Member

Received 78 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by blown formula
here is a picture of the McLeod bolsters in the Sonic.... NICE!! &&& comfy!
Those bolsters Rock....
Old 12-08-2008, 10:30 PM
Registered

Thanks alot!! I'm now waiting for the 3rd set of engines to go in it for next summer. I have not had the best of luck with engines or my prior builders.... so I changed shops for a better and much longer reputation & more money of course!! Maybe these will stay together..... crossing my fingers!!
Old 12-09-2008, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 105 Likes on 77 Posts

Blown Formula if you dont mind how much did you pay for the boat? I was trying to buy that 94 31SS that was in the project section for $8000 with no trailer, no motors. It had been sunk. I was talking to a friend who has redone boats and he told me I shouldnt go over 6 but I did. It didnt matter because he sold it anyways. Does anyone know who bought that Sonic?

Quick Reply: The "Blown Formula" Sonic Project !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.