Finally got it's feet wet! >

Finally got it's feet wet!

Notices

Finally got it's feet wet!

Old 05-05-2003, 03:16 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up Finally got it's feet wet!

I had an awesome weekend. I took the day off from work Friday and got my MD numbers and dropped my Sonic in the water. Wow, what a difference from my jet boat It's gunna take a while getting used to drive and tab trim. I was stressed out about docking this beast, but backing in into my marina slip went very smoothly.

Saturday around 1pm I left Solomons and headed up to Annapolis. Met my buddy Kurt (Pier Pressure) up in Chesapeake Bch then we both headed up to Annapolis. The boat handled great.

There was some kind of old wood boat thing going on and all the Ego Alley slips were reserved. My buddy sweet talked the harbor master and we got very lucky with two slips # 9 and 10. Now the true test of my docking skills with everyone watching. Wow, I did it in one try. Man, I love this boat!

Sunday we headed north and entered Kent Narrows from the north, passed Red Eyes and continued south. We stopped off in St. Michaels for a quick bite at the Crab Claw. While there a twin turbine powered Cat showed up and that was a site to see.

It took an hour and a half to get back to Solomons. What an awesome maiden voyage and the Sonic ran like a champ. I opened it up a little and reached 61mph on GPS. I plan to do WOT next time to see what it can do.

The only problem I can see is taking on some water. I've read some previous posts about steering linkage plugs and a couple of other things. Next weekend I'll be trouble shooting that leak.

Bill
Old 05-05-2003, 05:19 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool! I hope to have mine in the water Sunday. That's a nice boat, I'm sure you will enjoy it.
Old 05-05-2003, 07:00 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,278 Likes on 559 Posts

SWEEET!!! Congrats!! I got nervous my first couple times heading into Old Towne, Alexandria. No sweat. You just feel it. If it gets out of wack, take it in stride; and come around.
Old 05-05-2003, 07:33 PM
Registered

Congrat's,

Looking forward to my first time out in mine hopefully Thursday when no one else is around. Will be my first time with twins and want to try to get as much experience maneuvering it around the docks and marina as possible before my friends have a chance to see me and never let me live it down.
Old 05-05-2003, 08:37 PM
Registered

st 31,

That was the same way I felt. I listened to my old salty dad. Don't touch the steering wheel. Just leave it at idle and let the shifters do the work. When we get more experienced then we can use the throttles a little.

Good luck.
Old 05-05-2003, 09:16 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey Wmlove, Where do you keep your boat at? Is it in solomons area? I live 10 minutes from the boat ramp in solomons just curious. Bobby
Old 05-06-2003, 12:51 AM
Registered

Should be a quick learning curve!
Mine should be ready with new engines shortly. Ready to get back on the water!
Old 05-06-2003, 06:40 AM
bn
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Bill, it sounds like you did great for your first time out! Congratulations!!
Old 05-06-2003, 07:23 AM
Registered

BobbyB,

I keep it at Boatel California.
Old 05-06-2003, 11:45 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

Well we will have to hook up this summer then. I actually kept my fountain on a lift right as you come out of boatel.

Quick Reply: Finally got it's feet wet!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.