Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sonic
swim ladder >

swim ladder

Notices

swim ladder

Old 12-07-2003, 09:53 AM
Scott Morehead

Default swim ladder

I have a 2002 sonic with twin 500's. The swim ladder hits the outdrives. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Old 12-07-2003, 11:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does it have the telescoping ladder mounted under the swim platform? If it's center mounted it should only hit the tie bar. You can drop it in front of the tie bar (toward the transome) by pulling the ladder out and pointing it down befor u let it extend. It will fall in front of the tiebar. You'l have to climb over the tiebar but it will not be resting on it.
Old 12-09-2003, 11:58 AM
Registered

I have an 04 31ss with the same problem and you can not mount the ladder in the middle because the exhaust tips are in the way it looks like we both have a $500 anchor. But I am hoping you get a reply on how this can be corrected.
Old 12-09-2003, 01:31 PM
Registered

shewbart,

Where do you boat at? I have a 31SS as well and live in the Dallas area. Would love to hook up sometime over the next season. Not very many of us in Texas as far as I know.
Old 12-09-2003, 01:58 PM
Registered

You are right I dont see many around I had a 1998 260 called rent money that i traded in on this one it is for sale on the sonic website now. I run the lower san jacinto river out to clear lake most of the time we have a group of about ten boats that run together. You are welcome anytime the temp hits 70 or above we try to get them wet some of the girls prefer a little warmer. What power do you have I am running 496 ho with a/c and power inverter with electric head so far I love the boat
Attached Thumbnails swim ladder-anti.jpg  
Old 12-09-2003, 02:40 PM
Registered

Would love to hook up this season sometime. Either down there or up here on Texoma & Lewisville. Bought mine last year from the Clear Lake area. Twin 502 EFI's with BlackHawk drives. Both the motors are out being rebuilt at this time. Taking them up a few notches. Next season should be great.
Attached Thumbnails swim ladder-dsc00785.jpg  
Old 12-09-2003, 05:07 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I moved the ladder on my 31SS to the starboard side of the platform, just over the exhaust tip. It works great here and you can also use it in shallow water with the drives all the way up. I took the bottom step off it too so that if you ever forgot to put it back up you can't hit the prop on the starboard motor - as long as the motors are trimmed down.
Old 12-12-2003, 05:07 PM
Scott Morehead

Thanks for the replies on my ladder problem, I will look into moving it. I was also wondering about a self retracting ladder like the "aqua step" as shown on pg 104 of the Jan. 03 Hot Boat magazine. I boat on lake Erie, would be quite a tow to Texas

Old 12-12-2003, 05:12 PM
Registered

Scott,

If you ever make it down this way just give me a call I'll have a spot for you on the boat.

Be carefull of putting the ladder on one side. Mine was done like that and has gotten hooked on the drive before by someone other than myself who did not know what they were doing while trying to help out.
Old 12-13-2003, 11:40 AM
bn
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the same problem with my ladder. Was going to have the local fiberglass shop move it to the center, but the too said that it would hit the exhaust tips.

Just saw this in Powerboat Mag:

http://www.garelick.com/

Look under Telecsoping ladders for "Gull Wing Step" Boarding ladder. I may look further into this in the spring.

Quick Reply: swim ladder

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.