Fuel Tanks >

Fuel Tanks

Notices

Fuel Tanks

Old 06-20-2004, 08:02 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fuel Tanks

Drawing fuel from Starboard tank only. Fuel switches are in the Starboard tank position and Port switch in Port position. Can anyone tell me what is going on B-4 I start investigating? I do know that when the switches are in the same postion that they will draw from the same tank, but my switches are on seperate tanks and still only draw from one.
Old 06-21-2004, 12:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Fuel Tanks

how old is the boat?

the only thing i could think of is the switch went bad and is "stuck" in the starboard position.....even though you think you are turning it to the port side.
Old 06-21-2004, 03:09 PM
Registered

Most probably there was a mix up at the factory when they installed either the plates or the valve. I worked on one that had two plates listing port and no starboard. As long as you can get the engines to pull from their assigned tanks just mark them the right way or buy new plates.
You may have to disconnect one line at a time and figure out which side of the valve the appropriate tank is aligned with. OR do like we did and with transmission line clamps pinch the hose from one tank and start the engine if it dies then turn the valve to the other tank and restart. Mark the valve in their RIGHT positions.

Last edited by 45sonic; 06-21-2004 at 03:14 PM.
Old 06-21-2004, 04:30 PM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

Yea, my 30SS is goofy with the fuel tank selector plates too. Have one handle reversed, so the long part of the handle reads like the short little nub. Sorry, can't tell you more caused the boat is a long way away from me. Check with the factory and hopefully they can tell you, or find Jay Ross.
Old 06-22-2004, 01:58 PM
Registered

Thanks for the replies, Did some checking the other day in the driveway but found nothing. Just going to have to take it to the lake and play with the valves. Interesting to hear that something so easy as the installation of a valve can create such a problem.

Oh boat is 2001 358.
Old 08-30-2004, 06:39 PM
Registered

Did you ever find your problem?? mine just started to act up and i haven't touched the valves. seems to still be drawing from both tanks, but the one draws down 1/2 tank faster than the other. thought maybe one of the valves was somehow got stuck in the middle??? they both turn freely and are pointed to each separate tank the way they should be.
Old 08-31-2004, 06:21 PM
Registered

Yes I did,

My port valve was positioned wrong. When located in starboard postion draws from port, when positioned in port position draws from starboard. I think when in off position it is off but rignt now not too worried about off position.

I did not take the panel apart, I'm just going to leave well enough alone. At least the shifters went in the right direction.