Unlimited Hydroplane Races >

Unlimited Hydroplane Races

Notices

Unlimited Hydroplane Races

Old 09-02-2005, 04:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unlimited Hydroplane Races

What is the latest on the hydro races next weekend? I'll be out of the country from Tuesday until late Friday night and wonder if I should hve my nephew drop my boat in Friday. I heven't bee on Priest for many years so I'm lost!

Will there be a place to moor my boat Friday night? Will we be able to launch Saturday morning? If yes to either, where and who do I need to talk to?

Jeff
Old 09-03-2005, 07:23 AM
Registered

Default Re: Unlimited Hydroplane Races

Tim has all the details but he is in Texas this weekend. You can always call him on is cell, he never goes far without it. He may not be back from Texas before you leave.

Don't worry about getting lost. As soon as you idle out from the marina you are 1/4 mile from the race line. I would not leave my boat there overnight because there should not be a problem getting in and out. Traffic could be a factor. Being race control I am sure we can ease through.
Old 09-04-2005, 01:59 PM
Registered

Thanks Rob!

I left Tim a message.

I lost your number so if you get this give me a call 714-1413. I'll be out of cell contact after 6:00 AM Tuesday until 9:30 PM Friday, but you can get my nephew, Charlie, all week on his at 542-1976. Let us know where and when you're dropping in on Saturday and we'll meet up with you guys.

BTW - The overheating was caused by a cracked weld on the sea strainer. At idle it sucked air and at high speed it leaked under the pressure. Had it fixed and we're good to go!

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 09-06-2005, 05:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sure you guys are going to have a LARGE time watching the Hydros run . It's a tough call with 2 events to have to choose from on the same weekend (LC Poker Run and UHs here), but I guess it beats the alternative, nothing going on.
I've seen these guys many times, having grown up in KY. I've been to Madison and Evansville, so I guess it's the LC Poker Run for me. Have a blast and take some pictures!
Regards,
Steve