Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > South Central US
Anyone going to Emerald Coast PR? >

Anyone going to Emerald Coast PR?

Notices

Anyone going to Emerald Coast PR?

Old 08-03-2006, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anyone going to Emerald Coast PR?

Originally Posted by kenvik01
Scott,
Claudia and I are going to Destin. Any recommendations on
where to stay that is close to the 'action'? Ken
Ken,

Sorry I am late getting back to you. I have not checked this thread in a couple of days. Sounds like you got your reservations taken care of. Hope to see you down there.
Scott
Old 08-03-2006, 03:37 PM

No problem. Only paying $100/night at the Hampton. Could not justify $150+/night. Just a little too steep. We all should try to get together Thursday or Friday. I'm not at all familiar with the area. Eric said to watch out for the sandbars. See you all in a few.
Old 08-03-2006, 07:05 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No problem. Only paying $100/night at the Hampton. Could not justify $150+/night. Just a little too steep. We all should try to get together Thursday or Friday. I'm not at all familiar with the area. Eric said to watch out for the sandbars. See you all in a few.
Ken,, please be carefull!!!! your kinda freakin me out!! Are you going to back your Trl. into the water or have your Boat lifted in? Does your Trl. have water connections to wash it out with? Is your Trl. alum or painted? Be sure and take water hose "muffs" for your engine rinse out!! Sno-Bowl is the best dam prop cleaner I have ever used for salt water!! Are you going by yourself?? ok, I'll shut-up

Mitch
Old 08-03-2006, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by mama tryed
Ken,, please be carefull!!!! your kinda freakin me out!! Are you going to back your Trl. into the water or have your Boat lifted in? Does your Trl. have water connections to wash it out with? Is your Trl. alum or painted? Be sure and take water hose "muffs" for your engine rinse out!! Sno-Bowl is the best dam prop cleaner I have ever used for salt water!! Are you going by yourself?? ok, I'll shut-up

Mitch
Just me, myself, and Claudia. I've ordered some salt neutralizer, etc. May have to think about the haul out thing. Good suggestion. Trailer is painted, and I'm
looking for connections to rinse the trailer with. I really appreciate all the suggestions.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:56 AM
Registered

Just me, myself, and Claudia. I've ordered some salt neutralizer, etc. May have to think about the haul out thing. Good suggestion. Trailer is painted, and I'm
looking for connections to rinse the trailer with. I really appreciate all the suggestions.
The last time we went to Key West, I think it was around 300 Dollars for the lift off,, there is "no way" I would back in a painted Trailer, it will rust up before you get home especially the Brakes. If you will make some "cut out's" in the bunks of your Trailer, about a foot from the back, about 15 inches wide, it makes it easier for them to "strap it up" for the Crane. Some Marinas use big azz Fork Lifts,, they go in from the Transom and lift it off the Trailer. Be sure and wash it down, inside and out, when you get done in the afternoon. I hate to sound like an Old Hen, I just want you to have a good time!!!

Mitch
Old 08-04-2006, 10:44 AM
Registered

Kevin,

Look into keeping your boat at Legendary Marine. They will let you keep it on the trailer or rack store it for you. They can fork the boat off the trailer and have it in the water for you. You simply call them in the morning and they will have it in the water within 30 minutes. At the end of the day you simply pull up to the dock and leave. They pull it out of the water, put it on a boat stand, wash the entire boat, and flush the motors.

It's a little pricey, but well worth not having to mess with putting the boat in and out everyday which is a pain in the a*s in Destin.

We're putting the Adrenaline there and have a few others that are leaving theirs there as well.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by skopi55
Kevin,

Look into keeping your boat at Legendary Marine. They will let you keep it on the trailer or rack store it for you. They can fork the boat off the trailer and have it in the water for you. You simply call them in the morning and they will have it in the water within 30 minutes. At the end of the day you simply pull up to the dock and leave. They pull it out of the water, put it on a boat stand, wash the entire boat, and flush the motors.

It's a little pricey, but well worth not having to mess with putting the boat in and out everyday which is a pain in the a*s in Destin.

We're putting the Adrenaline there and have a few others that are leaving theirs there as well.
There you go Ken!! Problem Solved!!!
Old 08-06-2006, 11:48 AM

Kevin,

Thanks, guys. i'll defintelyu give them a call. May do that today (Sunday), just to see what the cost is.
Mitch(aka mother hen-just kidding)--I ordered brake wash connections Friday, just in case. Looks like I'm all set now.Thanks for all the concerns and ideas.--ken
Old 08-07-2006, 09:21 AM

Kevin,

Scott,
Just got off the phone with Ashley at Legendary MArine. She says they will not be able to accommodate me because of the Poker Run business. I hope you have reservations. Now what do I do? She gave me the number for BLue Water Marine to see what they have available. Ken
Old 08-07-2006, 08:15 PM
Registered

Ken,
Doug and I are going with a big TOPPS group. Look for EZ TERMS 35 fountain, along with the rest of us..... Try Shalimar Marina for Slips, Fort Walton Yaght club might have a few too. I have 5 rooms at the Hampton, Shalimar that I AM NOT GOING TO USE,,,,give me a call if you are interested. I also have 2 slips on hold there,,,,LET ME KNOW ASAP. sHALIMAR IS ON THE POKER RUN COURSE. I am taking the weekend off for the poker run, I am working the Vegas race,,,, anyone interested??
See y'all down there, be safe, You should have my number,,,,,

Karen
"The Dock Nazi"

Quick Reply: Anyone going to Emerald Coast PR?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.