Notices

Arkansas role call

Old 07-12-2007, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Arkansas role call

My wife and I are new to the this and was wondering who all is out there in the natural state and what lake you prefer. We met a cool couple from Sherwood with a sweet Baja. by the way we're Greers Ferry fans, gets a little crowded but its clean and we only live about 45 mins. from Cove Creek

Old 07-12-2007, 08:58 PM
Registered

Here.

We live on Lake Ouachita. I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Greers is nice. We had the OSS Ozark Roar there a couple months ago.

BTW, I met this guy named Luke that couldn't drive a Mustang for chit! lol

Good to see you here man!

Donnie

Last edited by marineclean; 07-12-2007 at 09:02 PM.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:15 PM
Registered

We are new here also. We live in El Dorado and still have the family owned cruiser - 37' Sea Ray Sundancer - on Grand in N.E. Oklahoma at Harbors View in Duck Creek. We used to live on Grand Lake before moving to ELDO two years ago. Considering about possibly moving the SR to Ouchita but no slips. We are looking at buying some type of go-fast to trailer to the different Ozark lakes. Hamilton reminds us more of Grand Lake but it's just so small. Where are the better performance boat scenes and party lakes here in Arkansas???
Old 07-22-2007, 09:11 PM
JBBEARD
Gold Member

I think the river is bad now and have heard grady mountan near hot springs is the place for go fast boats -I am in Little rock
Old 07-22-2007, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm the neighbor from the NW corner of the state. I consider Beaver Lake my home waters. (when I own a boat)

Hey all....

Buck
Old 07-23-2007, 08:51 AM
Registered

jbbeard - you mean Brady Mountain Marina on Ouchita right? Thanks for the info. That is one of the marinas we are looking to put the Sea Ray.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:11 PM
Registered

Brady is great and also Mountain Harbor. If you are considering a slip you will run into a waiting list, so get in touch. I'm in good with both resorts and might be able to find a deal. We had the Sea Ray regatta at Brady this past weekend. This is a beautiful lake, you won't regret a visit or moving the boat here.

Donnie
Old 07-24-2007, 08:57 AM
Registered

Donnie, any help would be great. I have driven around both marinas and I liked the updates of Mountin Harbor but Brady Mountain is quite a bit closer to the city and me. We couldn't tell from the road, are there any Sea Ray specific docks or at least cruiser docks? All we could really see were mainly houseboats. We would like to get the boat moved maybe anytime after Labor Day. How was the Sea Ray regatta, how big of a turn out?? I thought the Sea Ray dealer in Hot Springs had gone out of business. One last question before I wear you out, are there specific coves where people go to raft up or is it everybody for themselves. I saw some nice hardware (brand new Donzi) over at Mountain Harbor when we drove up for the fireworks on July 4th. Thanks for any help!
Old 07-24-2007, 03:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 37SR
Donnie, any help would be great. I have driven around both marinas and I liked the updates of Mountin Harbor but Brady Mountain is quite a bit closer to the city and me. We couldn't tell from the road, are there any Sea Ray specific docks or at least cruiser docks? All we could really see were mainly houseboats. We would like to get the boat moved maybe anytime after Labor Day. How was the Sea Ray regatta, how big of a turn out?? I thought the Sea Ray dealer in Hot Springs had gone out of business. One last question before I wear you out, are there specific coves where people go to raft up or is it everybody for themselves. I saw some nice hardware (brand new Donzi) over at Mountain Harbor when we drove up for the fireworks on July 4th. Thanks for any help!
Brady and Harbor are about the same time distance considering the long drive into Brady. I imagine you would like St. Kitts, St. Martin, Grand Cayman and maybe Little Cayman. We don't have cruiser specific docks at either marina, but it all depends on what your needs are. I would recommend one of the newer docks with cement tile and metal roof. You will find that both marinas do have some older docks, but I'm not the biggest fan of them. The Sea Ray regatta was good and Powerboats is still in business.

Far as coves, Brent (1stfntn) and I will be working on that issue. We have decided that we need somewhat of a party cove, so we have been checking them out. The Donzi is probably Dolph's. Him and Brent have their hardware on J dock right beside the ramp parking lot.

Get in touch sometime when you guys are coming over.

Donnie
Old 07-25-2007, 10:33 AM
Registered

Thanks for all the info. I guess we will call the two marinas and get on the waiting list. It sure would be nice to drive 2.5 hours to the boat instead of 7 or 8.

Aug 11th we are doing the houseboat thing on DeGray, party for my cousin graduating college. His dad has a stick boat up there so I will get to check out that lake also (just very slowly!!!)

Quick Reply: Arkansas role call

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.