Old 11-11-2007, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lewisville Lake

Anyone boat on Lewisville?
Old 11-12-2007, 01:29 PM
Registered

Have boated there a few times,its not my favorite here in the DFW area.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:20 PM
Registered

Planning on being in the area with a boat this weekend, where would you recommend?
Old 11-12-2007, 05:01 PM
Never Enuff
Gold Member

Swap meet in Arlington on Sat. beginning at about 10am. Everyone is then going to Joe Pool Lake that afternoon for some boating and supper on the lake. Call 512-303-1261 for details.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:52 PM
Registered

Sounds like a great time, but I have limited time. I will probably be in Lewisville on Fri. evening, boat Sat. and head north late Sat. or early Sun. Really don't want to go any further south than Lewisville area. Thanks for the invite.

Last edited by dmann; 11-12-2007 at 05:57 PM.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:35 PM
Never Enuff
Gold Member

Try Lake Murray. It's 24 miles north of the Tx. Ok border on I-35. Beautiful lake, friendly people and it puts you a little further north. Take exit 24 in OK and go east about 5 miles and you'll be right at the lake.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:04 PM
Registered

never enuff do you not care for Lewisville Lake either? Whats up with this lake?

Originally Posted by never enuff
Try Lake Murray. It's 24 miles north of the Tx. Ok border on I-35. Beautiful lake, friendly people and it puts you a little further north. Take exit 24 in OK and go east about 5 miles and you'll be right at the lake.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:10 PM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 23 Posts

What are you in town for? Where will you be? Texoma is going to be the best place to go ridding around. There are some really pretty lakes within 3 hrs of Dallas. I live 15 mins. from Lewisville but the 1 hr to drive to Texoma is well worth it.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:32 PM
Registered

I am buying a boat that is on Lewisville. Want to hang around for the day on Sat. to go boating before heading back to Ohio. So Texoma is only 1hr from Lewisville? If I stay on Lewisville Lake I would be headed East on 30 toward Memphis to get home. How far would Texoma be out of the way?
Old 11-13-2007, 09:00 AM
Registered

Received 310 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by dmann
I am buying a boat that is on Lewisville. Want to hang around for the day on Sat. to go boating before heading back to Ohio. So Texoma is only 1hr from Lewisville? If I stay on Lewisville Lake I would be headed East on 30 toward Memphis to get home. How far would Texoma be out of the way?
Texoma will not be out of the way if your going to Memphis. You should be able to cut east in Denison (very close to the lake) It is north of Lewisville so it really should not be out of the way if your headed north. Lewisville makes Texoma look like paradise, which is why people opt for the longer trip, me included. Texoma has sandy beaches and islands, which makes all the difference in boating. I live about 30 minutes from Lewisville and I've never boated on the lake, except for a test drive or two.

When will you be buying the boat? What kind of a boat is it? Do you have a link to the ad or any pics? My family has a house on the open water on Texoma, maybe I can get a couple of shots of the boat running. I'll be up there thanksgiving weekend and the following weekend.

Quick Reply: Lewisville Lake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.