LTPA 2008 Poker Run Schedule >

LTPA 2008 Poker Run Schedule

Notices

LTPA 2008 Poker Run Schedule

Old 03-09-2008, 11:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Clay Washington
The Lake Travis Powerboat Assn. will have it's May Poker Run on Saturday the 17th. I hear that we will have a Helicopter to photograph the run.

I will be there with a full crew of Claymates. Y'all come!
helicopter? Wow wonder who thought of that great idea

Now all you need is event insurance to protect your participants and sponsors and you are now putting together your first poker run.

I'm seeing a pattern here. Contact me in November to show you how to do a run, use my time and money to come there based on a request and then decide you can try it on your own

Yeah I'm a little bitter and you would be to if that was done to you
Old 03-09-2008, 11:30 AM
Registered

In consideration of the events that have taken place I regret to say that the 2008 Texas Heat Wave is cancelled.

This event was supposed to take place as a joint effort berween the LTPA and our organization. We have been in contact sense November working on the details with the thoughts of bringing people from all over the country.

I'm certain the ltpa will have a great day filled with drinking and No requirements for safety, and that is something we can not and will not be attached to.

I will make full contacts and refund any registrations on this side
Old 03-09-2008, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 298 Likes on 179 Posts

Thats pretty piss poor. Safety is a No. 1 concern and I applaud the guys for pulling out. I've been to the runs with no life jackets, and plenty of booze and IMO they endanger the sport.

By the way - Flash Gordons high rollers poker run had event insurance, but that didn't stop family's from going after their estates, personal insurance, event insurance, and the corp of engineers for issuing the permit.

Last edited by TexomaPowerboater; 03-09-2008 at 02:48 PM.
Old 03-09-2008, 01:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Thats pretty piss poor of LTPA. Safety is a No. 1 concern and I applaud the guys for pulling out. I've been to the runs with no life jackets, and plenty of booze and IMO they endanger the sport.

By the way - Flash Gordons high rollers poker run had event insurance, but that didn't stop family's from going after their estates, personal insurance, event insurance, and the corp of engineers for issuing the permit.

You make the best point here in the statement!

The importance to protect everyone involved is something you can not put a price on.

Accidents are just that and never meant to happen. Bottom line is they do, just like Smoke on the Water,
Which I considered one of the most premier events out there and now is being crushed by lawyers sueing everyone and anyone including the sponsors.

It is not if you will win or loose it is more about the cost and the legal fees to defend yourself, your participants and your sponsors.

Our policy through Essex covers our sponsors and legal fees along with promoters and staff in the event of this unfortunate occourance
It is unfortunate that there are still
people out there that have not learned the importance and continue to do things there own way.

The sport will suffer sooner or later due to this