Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > South Central US
OSS Racing and Kilo Run in Lake Cumberland on Aug 30 - Sept 1 - Labor Day Weekend >

OSS Racing and Kilo Run in Lake Cumberland on Aug 30 - Sept 1 - Labor Day Weekend

Notices

OSS Racing and Kilo Run in Lake Cumberland on Aug 30 - Sept 1 - Labor Day Weekend

Old 05-30-2008, 05:23 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OSS Racing and Kilo Run in Lake Cumberland on Aug 30 - Sept 1 - Labor Day Weekend

The sixth stop on the OSS Racing circuit will take the boats back into America’s heartland, in the beautiful rolling hills of Kentucky. Lake Cumberland is the boating paradise in this section of the country and plays host to one of the biggest Poker Runs of the year each September.

The week before the annual Poker Run, on August 30 – September 1st the OSS boats will scorch this pristine country reservoir and find out what maximum speed is all about. The event will be staged out of State Dock and the Race Village will reside next to the dam. You can watch from the dam or by boat as the OSS teams test on Saturday, Race on Sunday and find out what tops speeds they can hit on Monday during an official certified Kilo run.

For more information visit - www.statedock.com

Volunteers are the heart and soul of any OSS race. If you live in the area and would like to have the best seat in the house to watch the races, please send an email to Brandon Weppner at ([email protected]). We’ll need about 30 partol/safety boats and plenty of land volunteers too.

Any questions about this event? Call 732 552 0669.

To reserve a houseboat at State Dock – call (888)782-8336

For more info on OSS racing go to www.offshoresuperseries.com
Old 05-31-2008, 12:21 PM
Registered

Location: Home of WILD TURKEY 101 & State Dock Lake Cumberland
Default interesting

I think this is a great way, to advertise our poker run, but I do see disaster in the making, doing this on a holiday when weekender's are out there could spell bad news!!!
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for it just hope there is some way to keep the course clear of boats for you...

One other warning, keep it at idle coming out of Pumkin Creek boat ramp, OR I'LL GET YA!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvRllFBsNn4

OUR HOUSEBOAT WEBCAM
http://66.38.54.83:5001/

Last edited by Boat Racer; 05-31-2008 at 12:39 PM. Reason: FREAKIN' typo
Old 06-02-2008, 04:18 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Thanks for your thoughts. We'll have plenty of volunteer boats to keep the crowds back and off the race course.

It should be a wild weekend.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:09 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

This is gonna be awesome!! Two great weekends in a row on beautiful Lake Cumberland.