Notices

Lake Travis 2009

Old 08-13-2009, 06:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweet Addiction
I want to run the poker run on the 22nd so I will have to do that. Every time I call they never answer and I leave my name number, etc. No call back yet. What is the best way to get in touch with them? I have that number and the names you sent me via PM.

I'll make a call and verify for you.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jared,Talk to Steve Webb, last time I talked to him he said Lakeway
was still working and he can get access for LTPA memebers.
I hope to be at the Poker run to but seeing as I have missed
all but one due to my motor problems I wont bank on it yet.
We used the Emerald ramp this sunday for Dougs pontoon and
it is still working though busy as heck since everyone around here is using it. From what I have been told it is an old county road that was covered when lake was filled so it is usable for quite a ways so long as dirt and silt gets cleaned off it. We pulled his big heavy 24ft pontoon (has an inboard ! ) out with a 2wd Durango suv with no problems.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:02 PM
Registered

If mine aint running Ill need a ride..
Old 08-13-2009, 09:24 PM
Registered

Yea, I know Lakeway is open. I have not verified if anyone is coming with me yet for that run. If it is just my wife I sill need a ramp close with a dock. If my brother goes we could use Lakeway because he can drive the truck and trailer to park at C&C or somewhere. I have a week so I will figure it out.
Ran into the owner of Highland Lakes tonight and they are still launching boats. Should not be a problem and plenty of parking.

p.s. there is a party on Sometimes Island Aug 22nd; live bands, etc etc etc
Old 08-14-2009, 05:45 PM
Registered

Show up...pay your money at the gate and done.
Old 08-15-2009, 03:23 PM
Registered

Jim at Megabucks think he will have my engine done wed/thurs.
He thinks it should stay together a while now.
Cam is pretty healthy (close to a HP500 but with more lsa ) so it should sound good too. I bought some 6" riser extensions in case I get reversion. Cant believe I have only been in the water 2 days all year.Thats pathetic. Not too mention blowing couple months salary on engines..
So like always it will be a last minute scramble to get her done and in the water. If not Ill give ya a holler. Is your brother bringing his boat?
Old 08-15-2009, 09:19 PM
Registered

Cool. Thanks! I will head over there on Saturday. Taking this weekend off. I need to change a spring in my power steering pump to get the return to work correctly.
MobileMercMan and I were out in his 10 meter this afternoon. Didn't see you out there.

p.s. we luanched his rig at Highland Lakes with zero issues
Old 09-01-2009, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Fox national news had a story on had bad the lake was down this morning. That sucks......They said stolen cars are appearing, and other junk was showing up.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
Fox national news had a story on had bad the lake was down this morning. That sucks......They said stolen cars are appearing, and other junk was showing up.
Yes it is low, lowest I have ever seen it. Was lower in 1963, 1964, 1951, & 1952. I think it was over a month ago they found I think 2 cars and a motorcycle. Lake still has a lots of water. Around Manfield Dam it was around 120' deep. From the full mark of 681 it is 631 now, 50' below full. The last month it has been nice with not very many boats out running around. Devil's cove is getting shallow, narrow and shorter. Will be interesting this weekend.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:46 PM
Registered

Did not go this weekend. The 22nd and then Labor Day I will do something else. Probably my last for the season. Harvest starts in September.
I am done for the season on Travis. They are moving the A, B and C docks at Emerald Point Marina out to the middle after labor day. Too much of a PIA to get on and off the lake for one or two more days. I can always hop a ride if I need to.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.