Where's the best boating in FL??

Notices

Where's the best boating in FL??

Old 07-23-2008, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by northfl
it fla its all good !!!!!

True most of the time. Big temp swings in the winter. I have left cnetral Florida in shorts & t-shirt in January and froze my azz off having dinner in the panhandle. I prefer West Central myself.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:21 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Destin fl, As for the weather during the summer its about 50/50 for rain most of the time weather channel says possible scatter showers everyday.
David
Old 07-23-2008, 01:29 PM
Registered

A weatherman in Florida is probably the best job to have. Where else is everyone happy if you're right 50% of the time. That, and if you don't like the weather in Florida wait 5 minutes and it will change.

One thing I like about being on the coast though is most of the time when the weather does take a crap you run out to an island and sit in the sunshine and watch it blow down the coast.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:13 PM
Registered

Soutwest area rocks. Anywhere from Tampa to Marco. There's a few of us partyers here too. Water's warm and not too rough, and a lot of cool places to hang out. Real estate is once again affordable in Ft Myers/ Cape Coral area. Let me know if you make it down here.
Tom
Old 07-23-2008, 09:59 PM
Registered

I have been thinking of going down that way soon. I do plan to run the boat to a meeting in Sarasota in a few weeks.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:20 AM
Registered

SWFL!!!

(I'll admit I am a bit biased living here. Every part of FL has advantages and disadvantages, but this area has met the boating needs of my family very well).
Old 08-02-2008, 06:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by hotstang46
well, with the real estate prices so low I think I'm going to purchase a place in FL. If you were to move to an area for boating where would it be and why? I'm a great lakes boater and the idea of the calm, warmer waters is really enticing. It seems there are just so many things to do on the water in FL. I can't wait to start checking out restraunts, islands, and planning some trips.

I've been doing my looking online so far from Tampa to naples and then the Ft Lauderdale area. I did make a trip down and covered apollo beach and the sanibel/fortmyers/ cape coral area. It's just so hard not currently living in the area and not being able to get on the water. My budget will afford a canal home in the areas I mentioned.

Any advise about the area's and it's boating would be very much appreciated..
ITS FLA IS ALL GOOD!!!!!!:ernaehrun g004:
Old 08-02-2008, 10:59 PM

yeah thats right yankees,its better in south fl. Not near as hot or cold for that matter,like up in North Fla. So go ahead move on in ,we need some more tax base. Dont mean to be so sarcastic ,Fla. gets blamed for alot of politacal stuff. Accept alot of Floridians are not from Florida. and by the way my family goes back to Civil war Era and before that Creek Indian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Boy where did that come from,did not mean anything by it ,just venting!!
Old 08-11-2008, 10:01 AM
Registered

The Keys of course!!!!!
Old 08-19-2008, 08:03 PM
Registered

It's the tropics, it's all good!

KW may be alttle flooded after
Tropical Storm Fayi

Tampa all clear for now.

Quick Reply: Where's the best boating in FL??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.