Lake Harris Chain Fun Run - May 10th! >

Lake Harris Chain Fun Run - May 10th!

Notices

Lake Harris Chain Fun Run - May 10th!

Old 05-07-2008, 10:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing
few questions after seeing the overhead of the map, I have a gated trailer that is approx 40 ft then add my truck is there enough room for parking?

Secondly, how is marine patrol up there? My boat being an active race boat does not have FL #'s and I was informed locally here that as long as I had all my safety equipment and was in "test mode" I am legal, but we all know that different areas interpet the law differently.

Cav I have all the love in the world for ya and just want to play, I have the Benny boat that did 89 in the kilos even with the new x it still cruises at 85, but since you have your priorities I will slow down to admire your upholstry lol

Hopefully we can pull this off and look forward to meeting ya'll and having a great fun and more importantly a safe day of boating

Trent
i wont be able to make it but if you like i can give randy my dealer fl #'s for you to run with.
matt
Old 05-08-2008, 06:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Boostable
Was I suppose to? If I was I totally forgot!
Scotty has been in touch with him.....
Old 05-08-2008, 06:59 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It's party time!!!!!
Old 05-08-2008, 07:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing
few questions after seeing the overhead of the map, I have a gated trailer that is approx 40 ft then add my truck is there enough room for parking?

Secondly, how is marine patrol up there? My boat being an active race boat does not have FL #'s and I was informed locally here that as long as I had all my safety equipment and was in "test mode" I am legal, but we all know that different areas interpet the law differently.

Cav I have all the love in the world for ya and just want to play, I have the Benny boat that did 89 in the kilos even with the new x it still cruises at 85, but since you have your priorities I will slow down to admire your upholstry lol

Hopefully we can pull this off and look forward to meeting ya'll and having a great fun and more importantly a safe day of boating

Trent
Parking can be an issue.... but not because of length. Sometimes the bass fishermen get there before us and fill up the parking lot..... hopefully there isn't a tournement this weekend.

The only police you have to watch out for is the Lake County Deputy Sheriff. Haven't seen him on the lakes much lately..... but you never know. Isn't there a FL statute about a boat not needing registration if it is preparing for or participating in a sanctioned event? May you could print out the statute.

I've got no problem playing with you..... but with the load I'll have on Saturday..... I won't be able to break 80mph...... but I'll still be having fun!
Old 05-08-2008, 07:41 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Trent and Rick. If you're coming up St Rd 19 put in at Hickory. Plenty of parking. If I can get the cat in there you should have no problems.
There is ALWAYS plenty of parking there. About a 4 acre parking lot! Just another option for you.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:47 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CAVelocity
Isn't there a FL statute about a boat not needing registration if it is preparing for or participating in a sanctioned event? May you could print out the statute.
I looked thru FL statute 327, and 328, and couldnt find any exemption.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Xray50
Trent and Rick. If you're coming up St Rd 19 put in at Hickory. Plenty of parking. If I can get the cat in there you should have no problems.
There is ALWAYS plenty of parking there. About a 4 acre parking lot! Just another option for you.
We'll take a look
Old 05-08-2008, 09:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
I looked thru FL statute 327, and 328, and couldnt find any exemption.
From here:
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=& URL=Ch0328/SEC56.HTM&Title=->2007->Ch0328->Section%2056#0328.56

328.56 Vessel registration number.--Each vessel that is used on the waters of the state must display a commercial or recreational Florida registration number, unless it is:

(9) An undocumented vessel used exclusively for racing.

I would print out this section, and if pulled over say you are "testing" the boat for an up coming race.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:06 AM
Registered

Received 51 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Venetian Gardens Ramp...

This is a good ramp. Plenty of parking with overflow in the Baseball field.

What time and where are we going to rally up? I know several of us will use different ramps.....

I plan on getting underway early.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by CAVelocity
From here:
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=& URL=Ch0328/SEC56.HTM&Title=->2007->Ch0328->Section%2056#0328.56

328.56 Vessel registration number.--Each vessel that is used on the waters of the state must display a commercial or recreational Florida registration number, unless it is:

(9) An undocumented vessel used exclusively for racing.

I would print out this section, and if pulled over say you are "testing" the boat for an up coming race.
Thanks,

I didnt see that one, I will print it out, and bring it along.

Quick Reply: Lake Harris Chain Fun Run - May 10th!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.