Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Southeast US
Relocating to ATL - Lake Hartwell Questions? >

Relocating to ATL - Lake Hartwell Questions?

Notices

Relocating to ATL - Lake Hartwell Questions?

Old 09-01-2009, 12:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gabaja242
Lazy Days can hold up to a 36ft boat with full service amenities. Sandy Springs is roughly 35 mins away with no traffic and you have multiple ways to travel. Also Alltoona is smaller and probably calmer but compared to LKN it is very small, and Lanier is only real rough on Holidays if you dont know how to drive your boat on it (stay on top out of the wake, not in it) Your boat is very equal to mine seeing that the main hull is out of the same mold and the only people that have a problem in my boat is the ones in the bow area if everyone is in the main cabin area is just fine. But comparing apples to apples Lanier is the closest thing to Norman , I know LKN gets rough on holidays also due to the size and population on it.
Good info. Curious - what's gas going for on the water? Where is everyone saying the cheap place to get it is?

I hear you on the waves. I'll never forget moving to LKN in everyone telling me how rough it is. It is rough on some days - but I am coming from Lake Erie where I have seen 10' - 12' and have been trapped in 6' swells. Truthfully, nothing on an inland lake scares me too much. I had a guy tell me that he moved up from a 245 to a 35 Formula because it rode better on LKN because it was too rough (I am sure it did too). Me and the babe looked at each and wondered if he would have bought a 70' Azmit for Erie. (Mid Westerns back me up here on the Great Lakes.)

Going to have to pick a lake even though I would love to see both. Seems Lanier has more dinning which we like to do. I am going to rack store as I don't want to buy a truck. Would love to ditch my trailer too if you need one.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by five cent worth
Good info. Curious - what's gas going for on the water? Where is everyone saying the cheap place to get it is?
We have our boat at Lazy Days as well and from my experience they are one of the most expensive on gas. Starboard marina is usually the cheapest but its got a very long no wake zone so it takes forever to get there. Lanier Harbor marina is nice and open 24 hours. I believe I paid $3.13 last weekend for mid-grade.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by five cent worth

Would love to ditch my trailer too if you need one.
Port Royal has a new gas dock further N with dry stack and I think I paid $3.25 back in July, but not sure how large of a boat they can hold. On your trailer it would be worth it to you to keep if you are thinking of upgrading in the future its allot easier to sell with a trailer than with out. I trailer mine most of the time, but when I dont I keep it in the dock at the lake house. My personal preference is being able to travel to other lakes around the S.E. (Cumberland in a little over a week for the poker run) But if you need any more info just let me know will be on Lanier all wknd.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:01 PM
Registered

Visited Lanier Sunday. Lake feels much bigger than Norman (it is double the size). Water is clearer and cooler and there is much bigger boats on there. Went to Big Creek for lunch and then hung out at the Cocktail Cove.

My buddy that we boated with stores at Port Royal. Very nice new marina that looks and feels like it is trending upward. What an interesting method in how they pull your boat off and put it on the lift. They have a little dingy that once the boat is in the water that they hook your boat to and pull it into a slip for you. They use this little dingy to back your boat and remove your boat from the staging dock. I don’t know how crazy I am about it but everyone I asked hasn’t seemed to have had an issue with it.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:06 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think Port Royal can go up to about 35 feet.