Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Southeast US
Relocating to ATL - Lake Hartwell Questions? >

Relocating to ATL - Lake Hartwell Questions?

Notices

Relocating to ATL - Lake Hartwell Questions?

Old 07-11-2009, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Relocating to ATL - Lake Lanier Questions?

Guys - My business unit was just told last Monday that we are going to be moved to ATL from the Lake Norman area. A few questions as I gather what me and the misses are going to do:

Where does everyone boat? We are coming from Lake Norman which is a great lake.

Where do people keep there boats for rack storing? I see there is a few places on Lanier but I haven't talked to anyone with some real life experience. I gave up trailer’n two years ago.

Water level on Lanier? I can see the history from just doing the searches on here.

It seems in the little searching and talking to the folks that I do know - Lanier is a pretty nice lake and where the action is. True?

Anyone been on LKN and Lanier and have a good comparison? Seems Lanier is much much bigger from looking on the map. Good eats and drinks on Lanier?

Thanks for all the help. We are looking at Smyrna and Vinings for the ATL suburbs to live.

Mike

Last edited by five cent worth; 07-14-2009 at 08:11 PM. Reason: I am an idiot and meant Lanier.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by five cent worth
Guys - My business unit was just told last Monday that we are going to be moved to ATL from the Lake Norman area. A few questions as I gather what me and the misses are going to do:

Where does everyone boat? We are coming from Lake Norman which is a great lake.

Where do people keep there boats for rack storing? I see there is a few places on Hartwell but I haven't talked to anyone with some real life experience. I gave up trailer’n two years ago.

Water level on Hartwell? I can see the history from just doing the searches on here.

It seems in the little searching and talking to the folks that I do know - Hartwell is a pretty nice lake and where the action is. True?

Anyone been on LKN and Hartwell and have a good comparison? Seems Hartwell is much much bigger from looking on the map. Good eats and drinks on Hartwell?

Thanks for all the help. We are looking at Smyrna and Vinings for the ATL suburbs to live.

Mike
If you are looking to live in smyrna or vinings I would recommend that you join us at lake allatoona. its quite a bit smaller than hartwell but its a lot closer and there are wuite a few performance boats on the lake. there is always lanier too but its a haul also. I have been to hartwell once for the poker run and it was a blast but damn its a long way from atlanta.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by lake speed
If you are looking to live in smyrna or vinings I would recommend that you join us at lake allatoona. its quite a bit smaller than hartwell but its a lot closer and there are wuite a few performance boats on the lake. there is always lanier too but its a haul also. I have been to hartwell once for the poker run and it was a blast but damn its a long way from atlanta.
WOW - WOW, total brain fart. Was looking at Hartwell on the map and meant Lanier. This should be a much better place for this thread.

Old 07-14-2009, 08:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by lake speed
Thanks for the feedback. Was looking and doing some mapquesting and it looked like 45 mins to the south side of Lanier from Smyrna.

What makes you go to Allatoona than Lanier?

Thanks,

Mike
Old 07-14-2009, 08:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by five cent worth
Thanks for the feedback. Was looking and doing some mapquesting and it looked like 45 mins to the south side of Lanier from Smyrna.

What makes you go to Allatoona than Lanier?

Thanks,

Mike
the biggest reason is that it is so much closer for me. its only 8 miles for me to allatoona. Lanier gets pretty rough on the weekends(at least it does when there is water in it lol) and my boat is considered small(25' daytona) so I choose to stay here. plus there are quite a few of us on allatoona taht are really into performance boats so...................
Old 07-14-2009, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am on Lanier and its is great. Lots of power boats and not far from full now. Check us out at www.cocktailcove.com
Old 07-14-2009, 10:16 PM
Registered

We lived on Lanier and commuted to Marietta for 9 years. Every day was like going on vacation when going back to the lake. We use to boat on Allatoona when we lived in Marietta, but got the opportunity to move to Lanier. No regrets!
Old 07-15-2009, 10:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rbr2328
I am on Lanier and its is great. Lots of power boats and not far from full now. Check us out at www.cocktailcove.com
That web site looks very helpful. Is the tie place in a no wake zone? The biggest issue on LKN is the main tie up is in a wake zone. We don't frequent it often because of this.

Whats the drinking law on Lanier?
Old 07-17-2009, 01:38 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Unless you need to be near the city. check out Alpharetta as a place to live. Quiet suburbs, and close to Lanier.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:11 PM
Registered

We just moved to ATL from Pa. almost a month ago. We bought in East Cobb and love the area. We have a Marietta address, but we are only minutes from Woodstock and pretty close to Allatoona.

We did scope out Allatoona last Sunday afternoon. Not a bad lake, just don't know anything on it or where the hang outs are. We launched at Kellogg Creek which is a pain in the azz by yourself with kids!!! We did find what seemed to be a "party cove" of sorts.

That being said, Allatoona boaters keep an eye out for us!!! I would like to know where to go and open to free advice about the lake!!

Here's a pic of our boat and a pic of the "cove" we idled in and out of on Sunday.
Attached Thumbnails Relocating to ATL - Lake Hartwell Questions?-pad-.jpg   Relocating to ATL - Lake Hartwell Questions?-dscn2303.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.