Peanut Island 8/14-8/15 >

Peanut Island 8/14-8/15

Notices

Peanut Island 8/14-8/15

Old 08-15-2010, 09:01 AM
TeamTaboo
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On Sat we did what I call the loop ICW to Peanut Island out the inlet to Boca and back up the ICW to Boynton for lunch at the Banana Boat.
Attached Thumbnails Peanut Island 8/14-8/15-piratesrun2006b090.jpg  
Old 08-15-2010, 09:28 AM
Registered

I was never at peanut island, whats there to do? I usually head down south (hallover..I think thats how u spell it) or just snorkel somewhere. I was planning a day trip to key largo at the end of the month. its easy for me since I trailer my boat
Old 08-15-2010, 02:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TeamTaboo
On Sat we did what I call the loop ICW to Peanut Island out the inlet to Boca and back up the ICW to Boynton for lunch at the Banana Boat.
Where do you start from? I cant imagine running the ICW from Hillsboro to Peanut, take me 3 days, LOL. It was so nice yesterday I think it only took 45 minutes from inlet to inlet, running about 70. Sucked the gas though, lol.
Today was unbelievably flat, took my wife, brother in law, his wife and 2 kids, ran down to Port of Miami, did a little swimming to cool off, back to Port Everglades for lunch at 15th st fisheries, up to Pompano drop off mooring bouys, did a little more swimming and then back in before the afternoon storms. Nice 5 hr trip! Did see a few performance boats out today, 35 Cig while we were swimming at Pompano, 33 Sonic heading out when we came in, unfortunately nobody while we were running, although with a full tank of gas, and 6 people, don't think I could have broken 85 today

Also saw a sea turtle when we were swimming off Miami, and a pod of bottlenose dolphin off Pompano, in fact almost hit them, didn't see them to the last minute.

Well, take care, maybe we will hook up some day.

Last edited by GoFastScott; 08-15-2010 at 02:41 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 02:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by larry da outlaw
I was never at peanut island, whats there to do? I usually head down south (hallover..I think thats how u spell it) or just snorkel somewhere. I was planning a day trip to key largo at the end of the month. its easy for me since I trailer my boat
Peanut Island has a very nice snorkel area, some of the clearest water I have seen down here, at least as good as the keys. The snorkel area is kind of a rocked in cove, I have seen all sorts of different fish, lobster, rays, even manatees in there at the right time of the year. There were about 75 boats of all different type and size there yesterday, lot of people hitting the booze hard when I left, saw quite a few boaters that really shouldn't be driving, so you kinda have to watch out. There is a sandbar similar to Haulovers, and many places on the island where people just beach their boat. It even has a camping area if you want to sleep over on land instead of the boat.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:22 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by larry da outlaw
Peanut is a nice place, but can get out of control sometimes, we usually beach on the mellow side(west side near the ICW), and have a few cocktails, if it is relatively flat, we do the loop similar to Bill, otherwise just take the inside. The ICW up that way isnt a bad ride, most places you can run, with a few idle zomes to relax and have a beverage. Also do Haulover and Key largo(Caribean club to holiday isle), but Peanut and lake boca are my main spots.

Last edited by rchevelle71; 08-16-2010 at 09:26 AM.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:58 AM
TeamTaboo
VIP Member

Only did half the loop on Sun. it looked like a lot of rain up by Peanut Sun. afternoon, so we had lunch at Two Georges and put the boat away