Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Southeast US
Where to keep the boat in South FL? >

Where to keep the boat in South FL?

Notices

Where to keep the boat in South FL?

Old 09-08-2010, 07:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to keep the boat in South FL?

Need some advice from the South Florida members. Didn't get to use the boat this summer, can't wait till next summer, thinking about leaving it in FL for the winter so I can travel down and get some use out of it.

I'm considering all options- rack, marina on a lift, indoor storage on the trailer. Anybody have any suggestions? I'm thinking Miami or Ft. Lauderadale, any pros/cons to either? 37ft.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:47 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by richanton
Need some advice from the South Florida members. Didn't get to use the boat this summer, can't wait till next summer, thinking about leaving it in FL for the winter so I can travel down and get some use out of it.

I'm considering all options- rack, marina on a lift, indoor storage on the trailer. Anybody have any suggestions? I'm thinking Miami or Ft. Lauderadale, any pros/cons to either? 37ft.
Marina One in Deerfield is Nice, but it's not cheap.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:59 AM
Registered

im at harbortowne marina, i like it. no bridges and close to the ocean.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:34 PM
Registered

sanibel harbor rack about 600 per mt
Old 09-09-2010, 08:44 PM
Registered

I'll check out HarbourTowne, looks like a good location. Sanibel looks nice but is no good for me, wanna be on the east coast.

Any opinions on Miami?
Old 09-09-2010, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by richanton
I'll check out HarbourTowne, looks like a good location. Sanibel looks nice but is no good for me, wanna be on the east coast.

Any opinions on Miami?
Harbour Towne is nice, I would stay ot of Miami, just cuz well, running from Miami to Miami is no fun, keep it in Lauderdale, and you can run to both Miami and West palm, we can show ya some spots in palm beach ya probably have never seen.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:48 AM
Registered

I keep mine in Hidden Harbour in Pompano Beach, nice central location, less than 10 minutes to Hillsboro Inlet, brand new marina with hurricane buildings, and very very reasonable for gas. 93 non ethanol is consistently .75 to $1.00 less a gallon than a lot of other marinas!
Old 09-10-2010, 09:11 AM
Registered

Default Warehouse Starage Available

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR. I HAVE A 6K WAREHOUSE THAT I HAVE A NUMBER OF BOATS ON TRAILERS THAT I STORE FOR THE WINTER TIME. CLOSE TO THE RAMP IN POMPANO AT THE HILLSBORO INLET. OPEN FOR UR IDEAS.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:07 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by GoFastScott
I keep mine in Hidden Harbour in Pompano Beach, nice central location, less than 10 minutes to Hillsboro Inlet, brand new marina with hurricane buildings, and very very reasonable for gas. 93 non ethanol is consistently .75 to $1.00 less a gallon than a lot of other marinas!
How much is the 93 there?
Old 09-10-2010, 07:10 PM
Registered

93 non ethanol was $3.69 a gallon today at Hidden harbour, lauderdale marina was $4.79!! Quite a difference when you need 200 gallons to fill up! I did see a couple of places between Port everglades and Shooters advertising Premium for between $3.89 and $4.20, non sure if they are non ethanol or not. Nobody at Shooters this afternoon, hopefully having Bootleggers open back up will bring some boaters back down there!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.