South FLA opinions & questiions >

South FLA opinions & questiions

Notices

South FLA opinions & questiions

Old 11-01-2010, 10:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default South FLA opinions & questiions

Going to sout fla in Nov. Need best location to stay. Pompano,Fort lauderdale or miami? Is the ICW no wake all winter? If so is it better to rack storage near an inlet and if so which one? Thnks in advance.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nemx15
Going to sout fla in Nov. Need best location to stay. Pompano,Fort lauderdale or miami? Is the ICW no wake all winter? If so is it better to rack storage near an inlet and if so which one? Thnks in advance.
ICW from NOV. 15 to April 15 is about 85-90% idle once you get south of Boca Raton. about 50% north of Boca to West Palm Beach, and not sure North of that. Where to stay depends on what you want to do, and lifestyle. If ya wanna party, I would say Miami or lauderdale, if you want more laid back, I would say North of Pomapno. i leave pompano out, just because it is an older area, and if your gonna be in a hotel, there are nicer areas. I would store near an inlet that time of year, just beacuase of the idle zones. My inlets of choice would be Hillsboro, or Boca, this gives you reasonable access to both the north(Palm Beach), and the south(Lauderdale and Miami). Depending on how big of a boat you have Boynton inlet is an option, but ya gotta either have big balls, or a big boat
Old 11-07-2010, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

No speed limit south of Miami. Stay in the keys then boat to miami for the day. There are a few barns that can handle a 353, in Marathon is Coral Lagoon for sure. I think Tavernier creek can stack a 353. In Key west KW Yacht club. Way more fun and places to boat in the keys. We have done both. You need a GOOD gps with maps loaded for that area and pay attention! Have fun
Old 11-07-2010, 11:32 AM
Registered

I personally i would stay south of Miami in Biscane Bay you can allways go boating in the bay even when its windy. Lots of places to go by boat Elliot Key etc!!!! And it's not that far to go up to FT Lauderdale if it's not too rough on the outside for a cruise up to the Bahia Cabanna or up to Shooter's for the bikini contest's on sunday!!!!
Mike
Old 11-26-2010, 07:34 PM
Registered

I'm trying to figure out the same thing myself. I usually stay on south beach but not sure if I should keep the boat in Miami (and if so where) or farther north, say Dania. Dania would be a pretty easy run to either Miami or Ft. Lauderdale, but if I stay on South Beach maybe I should just keep the boat as close to there as possible.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:01 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

TNT is a dry stack barn in north miami. Not much for boat accessable hotels in south beach.