Notices

Lehigh acres?

Old 02-01-2011, 01:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lehigh acres?

Hey Guys

Parents and myself are "looking" at getting a place in or very close to Florida. I have seen quite a few reasonably priced homes in Lehigh acres, but, I dont think it offers very good gulf access? We would like something on or near water or a marina with "open water" access.

Any thoughts or input? Would appreciate ANY input!

Michael

PS: we are "regular" blue collar people, so, homes in Palm Beach, Coral Gables, etc are WAY out of our budget, SADLY! lol
Old 02-01-2011, 01:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there is another thread that was just started abou this subject
Old 02-01-2011, 01:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by drpete3
there is another thread that was just started abou this subject

Where do I find it?
Old 02-01-2011, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I started it under FT Myers offshore Yes the homes are for free but just make sure you bring your M-16 , your gonna need it !!!
Old 02-01-2011, 01:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by n20michael
PS: we are "regular" blue collar people, so, homes in Palm Beach, Coral Gables, etc are WAY out of our budget, SADLY! lol
NOT necessarily, there are plenty of affordable homes in Palm Beach(West Boca Raton, and other communites about 8-10 miles west of the ocean) if you dont mind trailering the boat to the water. I would stay away from lehigh.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:54 PM
Registered

Here ya go,
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/f...-area-bad.html

Read the link I posted and watch the video.Its pretty sad down there.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
NOT necessarily, there are plenty of affordable homes in Palm Beach(West Boca Raton, and other communites about 8-10 miles west of the ocean) if you dont mind trailering the boat to the water. I would stay away from lehigh.
Thanks! Can you send me a link, or an idea of where to look at homes in that area, kinda new to this aspect of it, and like most "kids" I get stuck with the leg work, LOL

"Expensive": Thanks for the link, I wil sit down tonite and read through it, I posted here, because I know realtors are listing homes for almost unbelievable deals, and I have heard you REALLY have to be carefull about "where" you buy, so, I appreciate the help!

Thanks guys, keep any input coming, again, its appreciated!

Michael
Old 02-01-2011, 03:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by n20michael
Thanks! Can you send me a link, or an idea of where to look at homes in that area, kinda new to this aspect of it, and like most "kids" I get stuck with the leg work, LOL

"Expensive": Thanks for the link, I wil sit down tonite and read through it, I posted here, because I know realtors are listing homes for almost unbelievable deals, and I have heard you REALLY have to be carefull about "where" you buy, so, I appreciate the help!

Thanks guys, keep any input coming, again, its appreciated!

Michael
What kinda square footage are ya looking for, what price range, we got it all out west.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:48 PM
Registered

I read threw the link in 5 mins quickly, I can safely say "Lehigh" is out, I dont care if they give us a house. I would like to say "THANKS"! to everyone who offered input, you saved me and my famiy a pile of cash, heartache and worry! I KNOW the real estate agents would have NEVER disclosed any of this info.

You guys are right, DO YOUR RESEARCH!

Thanks!
Michael
Old 02-01-2011, 03:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
What kinda square footage are ya looking for, what price range, we got it all out west.
Thanks for the reply!

Square footage: Wouldn't have to be "huge" as it would only be 3 or 4 people, although I assume with a place "down South" I would soon find friends/family coming out of the woodwork, I would say anything around 2000-2500 sq feet would be more than enough. I think they just dont want to look at 350sq foot condo's, beyond that they are pretty open.

Price: well, I understand thats the same "everywhere" its Location, Location, Location, I know "up here" I see what people pay for tiny, run down "fixer uppers" in a particular neighbourhood is insane compared to what you can buy a NICE place for in a slightly less "impressive" zip code, thats not to say its in a dangerous or "low rent" district, its just not as prestigious, which is fine by me.

I would want something on a canal or river, that allowed me to get to open water, I realize anyting directly on the Gulf or Ocean will be HUGE money, but, something either close. Or: something with a nearby marina and/or boat lauch that I could keep my boat at in a slip [if reasonable] or just launch and retrieve after day trips.

Budget is dependate on the house, folks would probably spend "more" than they wanted for a really, really good deal, but, I think they are looking in the 130-170 area, again, it would depend on how good a deal it is, and how high taxes would be, homeowners fees, stuff like that.

Hope thats enough info to get ya started, if you see anything that might work, let me know, Thanks!

Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.