Notices

Jupiter Florida

Old 03-01-2011, 01:52 PM
Registered

Received 950 Likes on 510 Posts

Negatives on Jupiter:
1. Taxes are high. 400K house can have a $8,000 a year tax bill.
2. 3,000+ illegal migrants that live off center street (in the boom no one cared, they were needed labor, now they are a nuisance/drain on area resources). Been known to live 10 per 2 bedroom apartment. Most crime is against other migrants (drunk/disorderly type stuff).
3. Lack of jobs. Scripps (science lab) just moved here but if you aren't a biology star you aren't working there. We are service driven, not a lot of high paying jobs in town. Many commute to West Palm or further south
4. Surrounding areas can be rough (Riviera Beach, Mangonia Park, West Palm) are just 10-20 miles away. Some spillover crime (purse snatching, robberies, car theft type stuff) happens here and they flee back there.

I have lived here 10 years and moved from Boca Raton before this (18 years there). Boca and Jupiter are opposite ends of the county but have many of the same attributes. Jupiter is what Boca was 30 years ago ( lots of city involvment in planned development, younger town, lots of new homes, heavy open space conservation both waterfron and inland).

In the Jupiter High School parking lot you will see 16 year old kids with $50,000 cars, not the norm but not the exception either.
Old 03-01-2011, 02:21 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I was wrong or should I say the school districts computer was wrong when I called to verify several address in the moorings they said yes in jupiter but when I called the school they said not in their district now when we called they relied on a "system" to tell them but it was wrong I geuss anyway long story short it apperars that no part of martin county goes to jupiter so anyone who says that is relying on a flawed computer system luckily we had not completly commited to this house so we have options but if anyone tells you that martin county goes to jupiter they are relying on a flawed system. jupiter I am sorry I argued with you
Old 03-01-2011, 02:41 PM
Registered

Received 950 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by db71
Ok I was wrong or should I say the school districts computer was wrong when I called to verify several address in the moorings they said yes in jupiter but when I called the school they said not in their district now when we called they relied on a "system" to tell them but it was wrong I geuss anyway long story short it apperars that no part of martin county goes to jupiter so anyone who says that is relying on a flawed computer system luckily we had not completly commited to this house so we have options but if anyone tells you that martin county goes to jupiter they are relying on a flawed system. jupiter I am sorry I argued with you
hey man, no sweat just glad you found out before signing on the dotted line! No county wants to give up their tax money especially if they have to pay another school to take a few kids. The cut-off is right where the Moorings starts, so any of those communities south of the Moorings is back in Limestone district. Just don't buy any wood frame houses, some of those older neighborhoods have lots of them (bugs, fire, windstorm, resale are all trouble). Some of the communties have no fire hydrants which means your property insurance will be out of sight (no hydrants, well water means houses will burn to the ground before they get put out). I know a guy that bought a wood frame 7500 sq ft house on 20 acres for 3MM and couldn't get any property insurance due to lack of windstorm protection, no hydrants meant no fire protection and no one wanted to insure it. Luckily he is rich, he simply went un-insured.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:03 PM
Registered

Location: Ocean Pines, Maryland. Wish I was at MANGOS in MIAMI!
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for all the info JS Ill definelty get up with u. Sea Ya Soon TOny!!