Notices

Jupiter Florida

Old 02-13-2011, 09:00 AM
Registered

Location: Ocean Pines, Maryland. Wish I was at MANGOS in MIAMI!
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Jupiter Florida

Checking out Abacoa and Egret Landing in MArch for possible future move in few years...any input. Mostly interested in family lifestyle , education/schools, and of course boating -fishing and Marinas I can site see.

Thx Tony
Old 02-13-2011, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 938 Likes on 505 Posts

Originally Posted by Enforcer2
Checking out Abacoa and Egret Landing in MArch for possible future move in few years...any input. Mostly interested in family lifestyle , education/schools, and of course boating -fishing and Marinas I can site see.

Thx Tony
Abacoa is nice but primarily zero lot line and many communities in the Abacoa development have DUAL HOA FEES! One to association and one to master Abacoa association. I sat in on the Abacoa sales pitch a few years back, 10 year build/10,000 homes and I passed. Egret Landing is very popular, 650 homes on 1/4 acre lots and tons of kids. Schools for Egret are great, Abacoa is split at Frederick Small road. North of FS road, you get Jupiter schools, south of FS road you get Palm Beach Gardens (Dwyer HS not great).

Two others are Paseos (built by Arvida in 2005-6), plenty of deals in there post boom, Canterbury is another that is actually still under construction. Abacoa still has new homes being built today, which hurts resale on existing homes.

Zip code for this area of Jupiter is 33458....
Old 02-13-2011, 01:35 PM
Registered

One other thing, Egret Landing was built by about a dozen different builders from local or regional to national (Pulte was big). The other communites I mentioned above were all built by a single developer so the homes are extremely similar in architecture/size/floorplans.

On marinas, not a lot of rack storage places but this one just opened and it is huge (and empty)... http://www.jupiterpointe.com/

Here is the inlet cam, water at the mouth of the inlet is 15 ft deep and crystal clear on most days to the point if there is a beer bottle on the floor you can tell the brand from the surface. http://www.evsjupiter.com/main.htm
Old 02-13-2011, 05:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While looking at those beer bottles around the inlet, also look for that glint of gold as there's a Spanish treasure wreck right there at the inlet.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by amxess
While looking at those beer bottles around the inlet, also look for that glint of gold as there's a Spanish treasure wreck right there at the inlet.
yeah, just to the south about 100 yards....the barge on stilts is there all summer during the calmer seas trying to find it!
Old 02-15-2011, 06:20 PM
Registered

Location: Ocean Pines, Maryland. Wish I was at MANGOS in MIAMI!
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Jupiter Sensation thanks for all the info..we will be taking a trip in MArch to check it out. Egret landing definetly sounds like the place to be. Thx again!
Old 02-26-2011, 07:36 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depending how young your kids are I just moved here and my oldest is in kindergarden my yougest still a couple years away but the oldest goes to limestone elementary. If they are older I think the schools are the same for a bigger area. There are a few good subdivisions around there they are a little older they are THE SHORES, then north a little on the river are THE MOORINGS, there is also a new one built by lennar called RAILTO. I like all of these places the moorings have some houses on the water with inlet access but the waterfront there are a lot more than the ones across the street.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:42 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When we're down we stay at The Jupiter Inn and Spa.........nice place. I like Jupiter and the friends I have there.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by db71
Depending how young your kids are I just moved here and my oldest is in kindergarden my yougest still a couple years away but the oldest goes to limestone elementary. If they are older I think the schools are the same for a bigger area. There are a few good subdivisions around there they are a little older they are THE SHORES, then north a little on the river are THE MOORINGS, there is also a new one built by lennar called RAILTO. I like all of these places the moorings have some houses on the water with inlet access but the waterfront there are a lot more than the ones across the street.
The Moorings is actually in Martin County.....so no Jupiter schools they get a bus ride north to Hobe Sound.

Shores is huge and nice neighborhood just stay away from the wood frame houses, buy concrete (no termite, rot, hurricane issues).

Rialto is looks nice from the ads.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
When we're down we stay at The Jupiter Inn and Spa.........nice place. I like Jupiter and the friends I have there.
I thought you stayed at the Jupiter Beach Resort...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.