Lanier Sunset Cove  -  Slip RSVP? >

Lanier Sunset Cove - Slip RSVP?

Notices

Lanier Sunset Cove - Slip RSVP?

Old 04-27-2011, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lanier Sunset Cove - Slip RSVP?

I was up at Sunset Cove on Easter in my new (to me) Sunsation 32 MCOB and overheard they will soon charge for docking there plus have RSVP for spaces. This is my first summer on Lanier, so is this new or something from past years? Anyone know how much it is and RSVP steps?

PS - shout out if you see me. It's a white/red Sunsation 32 MCOB named Beaver Retriever (for now at least - name from prior owner and cracks me up)
Old 04-27-2011, 06:00 PM
Registered

Hey Jason! I'm the guy that gave you the Full Throttle Thursdays flier, we spoke briefly that afternoon. From what I understand, yes, sunset will be charging for slip reservations. Now I don't know when that will be going into effect or how much they will be. From what I have heard, you will have the ability to go online to reseve a slip for the day or the weekend and the slip is yours- you can leave and come back, etc. All of the slips that are not reserved will be available on a first come first serve basis, potentially with a rental fee. This is a new thing to Lanier this year, and we will see how long it lasts. People will either shore up on the beach, anchor out in the middle or just protest it all together and head back over to Cocktail Cove. (If that were to happen, it's be the Cocktail Cove of 7-8 years ago when it was nothing but go-fasts and houseboats! Fun Times!!!!) Hope to see you on Thursdays at Sunset- that night it's free!
Old 04-27-2011, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Send me info on this.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please send me the info as well. Thanks
Old 04-27-2011, 09:13 PM
Registered

its all hearsay at this point. I'm sure, with all of the feedback and "backlash" from the new rules it may be a while, if ever, before they decide to employ the policy. There is nothing in writing at this point that I've seen and if you notice on Sunset's fb page they ignore the questions about the subject. As well they should since its not a formal policy as of yet. I think its just simply in the "idea" stage currently.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts

i heard about them possibly charging for the slips as well and figure if they do it, it would probably start around memorial day when its packed but thats just my teory anyway!

We were out there on Sat and the new slips are nice and quite a bit wider than the older ones.

Jasonp, do you keep your boat at Holiday Rd storage?

Lanierboss 272, can you send me some info on this full throttle thursdays deal as well?
Thanks
Jason
Old 04-27-2011, 09:43 PM
Registered

There is a post on here, I believe it's 2 posts down from this one. I don't want upset anyone with "spamming" about the events or anything. But all the info is on our fb page at www.facebook.com/fullthrottlethursdays
Old 04-27-2011, 09:43 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 809 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by LanierBoss272
just protest it all together and head back over to Cocktail Cove. (If that were to happen, it's be the Cocktail Cove of 7-8 years ago when it was nothing but go-fasts and houseboats! Fun Times!!!!)
God I miss that..
Old 04-27-2011, 09:54 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by LanierBoss272
There is a post on here, I believe it's 2 posts down from this one. I don't want upset anyone with "spamming" about the events or anything. But all the info is on our fb page at www.facebook.com/fullthrottlethursdays
Cool, thanks and we will have to try and make it out on the 12th! need to meet some more go fast guys since we are relativley new to the area!
Old 04-28-2011, 09:19 AM
Registered

Awesome! We want as many people as we can get for sure! If you can't make it the 12th, no worries, it's a weekly thing so it will be every Thursday at Sunset from 6-9 pm!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.