Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Southeast US
Ft. Myers to the KW >

Ft. Myers to the KW

Notices

Ft. Myers to the KW

Old 02-03-2013, 01:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i did this trip about 5 years ago with my 31 sonic great trip lots of fun but the wind is a *itch if its blowing the wrong way especialy down by the large breakwater in KW. One note you can always follow the big cat out of Marco for the first time if your not familiar with the waters, Safe trip have fun

Mike O
531 WHOZ YOUR DADDY
Old 02-03-2013, 04:28 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Dave,

No, before we knew about the Sarasota run we already had a Vegas trip planned, so we couldn't make it, we went on the Marco run New Years day and plan on making the March 2nd Punta Gorda run.

The Marco run from the Cape where we live was a nice run, there was some fast hardware that went, but we just cruised our normal 55mph and made it just the same.

I retired fairly young at 50 and we live here fulltime for now and it doesn't seem that many powerboats get out on most weekends, at least I haven't seen that many yet.
We took a drive up to Cabbage Kay last Saturday, beautiful ride and the weather was perfect.

Back where we came from, we always got together with a bunch of boats every weekend and went somewhere, we're hoping to find that here, so if anyone goes out on the weekends and doesn't mind company, just let me know.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:56 PM
Registered

i think the economy took a toll on alot of people. there was quite a few small cats running around but over the last few yrs the 4 i knew personally had to get rid of toys.

the weather has been good so i'm trying to get out before its 90 + everyday.