Moving to the space coast!!!!! >

Moving to the space coast!!!!!

Notices

Moving to the space coast!!!!!

Old 09-20-2016, 01:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Moving to the space coast!!!!!

So I have gotten a recent job offer in Orlando, and will be relocating my family down to the space coast. I'm very excited about the opportunity and can't wait to get there!
Old 09-20-2016, 02:42 PM
Registered

Received 51 Likes on 19 Posts

Congrats! Kept my Scarab 38 KV at a rack and store in Cape Canaveral (Blue something was the name) great people and some nice boating......I myself will be relocating back to the Miami area. I missed Florida everyday since I left 7 years ago!
Old 09-20-2016, 03:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JetJock
Congrats! Kept my Scarab 38 KV at a rack and store in Cape Canaveral (Blue something was the name) great people and some nice boating......I myself will be relocating back to the Miami area. I missed Florida everyday since I left 7 years ago!
Awesome! This is my first go with FL, but has been a dream of mine since I've graduated college. I am excited for a new opportunity. Brevard County has some really good public schools from what I have read online. Which is important as my daughter starts kindergarten next year.
Old 09-21-2016, 09:46 AM
Registered

Received 83 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by racinfast002
Awesome! This is my first go with FL, but has been a dream of mine since I've graduated college. I am excited for a new opportunity. Brevard County has some really good public schools from what I have read online. Which is important as my daughter starts kindergarten next year.
You're making an excellent decision by not living in the Orlando metro area, it's utter hell! Been all over the state in the past 37 years and even the trafic in Dade county is easier to accept. FWIW my life goal is to get out of FL, a lake in N. GA would be ideal.
Old 09-21-2016, 10:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tractionless
You're making an excellent decision by not living in the Orlando metro area, it's utter hell! Been all over the state in the past 37 years and even the trafic in Dade county is easier to accept. FWIW my life goal is to get out of FL, a lake in N. GA would be ideal.
hahaha wow total polar opposites. I've been in north alabama 28 years, ready to go do something different. I am so super stoked to get down there.
Old 09-26-2016, 09:17 AM
Registered

hahaha wow total polar opposites. I've been in north alabama 28 years, ready to go do something different. I am so super stoked to get down there.
Yep, well when you've been exposed to how big of a holes people are in Florida for so long you can' t help but want to leave. For example read post #10 as this behavior is the norm, http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...h-florida.html

No greetings from most including workers at establishment you're paying money to use, wife gets cursed out at work on the daily by clowns that don't even know what their ins. Policy covers so therefore it's "her fault". Just voted worst drivers in the country, 1 in 4 are uninsured. I can go on and on but I digress.

Last edited by Tractionless; 09-26-2016 at 09:21 AM.
Old 09-26-2016, 10:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tractionless
Yep, well when you've been exposed to how big of a holes people are in Florida for so long you can' t help but want to leave. For example read post #10 as this behavior is the norm, http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...h-florida.html

No greetings from most including workers at establishment you're paying money to use, wife gets cursed out at work on the daily by clowns that don't even know what their ins. Policy covers so therefore it's "her fault". Just voted worst drivers in the country, 1 in 4 are uninsured. I can go on and on but I digress.
Well if everyone is an ******* that will be a real culture shock from where I'm from. Alabama everyone is nice and pleasant and helpful. I think I have narrowed down to living on merritt island.
Old 09-27-2016, 10:06 AM
Registered

Well if everyone is an ******* that will be a real culture shock from where I'm from. Alabama everyone is nice and pleasant and helpful. I think I have narrowed down to living on merritt island.
You'll like it there than some other places if you're used to Bama. I was culture shocked in N. GA when someone said good morning to me while sitting on a bench in front of Dollar General. The only place I've experienced that in Florida was as a student in Gainesville, the only place I'd consider moving within the state.

Good luck to you!
Old 09-30-2016, 08:56 AM
Registered

8 days until I'm down there! So super stoked!
Old 09-30-2016, 09:16 AM
Registered

Received 1,445 Likes on 804 Posts

8 days until I'm down there! So super stoked!
When I go To my shop to get the truck I'll go by the house for rent. As for what trackless is saying a lot of that is true.

Seems much better here, hell we have block parties! Also easy drive into Orlando my wife does it every day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.