Notices

Lake Hartwell

Old 10-28-2016, 09:58 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I miss living in Anderson. I worked too much the short time I was there so I did not do enough boating. But it is beautiful up there.
Old 10-29-2016, 12:02 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by obrien
I miss living in Anderson. I worked too much the short time I was there so I did not do enough boating. But it is beautiful up there.
Yes it is beautiful here. We live within a 30 to 45 minute drive to some awesome upstate lakes,Jocassee and the upper part of Keowee are expecially beautiful this time of year.I live about 15 minutes out of downtown Greenville just over the Anderson county line.So it is convenient to Hartwell, Jocassee,and Keowee. I really wanted to go to the lake this weekend with this beautiful weather we are having, but I decided to wait till next weekend when I'll be off of work for a long 5 day weekend.Think we'll go to Jocassee next weekend, before all the trees loose their leaves. Last time I was in the water was the 16th. We put in at Portman shoals marina and went down almost to the dam to a friends lake house. Beautiful weather and slick water made for a couple brief 70 mph runs. I keep telling myself this engine only has about 5 hours on it, take it easy, but dang it was running good! On the run back up the lake we went up to the Clemson marina where I saw another boat like mine so I had to go investigate. As I was trying to turn around between the covered row of docks I herd someone yelling HEY!...HEY!... I turned around to see someone running down the gangway to the docks waving their hands. I thought I was in some kind of trouble and remembered thinking to myself I was just puttin around with the boat exhaust buttoned up and not creating a disturbance... what gives? So I kill the engine and ask whats up? can I help you? To which he replied, is that a 29, I say yes, and from there a conversation started about boats! Turns out he had just sold the 29 I was checking out at the docks and was going to be moving up to a 38.We exchanged names and I got an invite back to check out his new boat.This sport boat thing is a sickness and I'm glad I caught it!
Old 11-07-2016, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FOUNTAINFLY
Yes it is beautiful here. We live within a 30 to 45 minute drive to some awesome upstate lakes,Jocassee and the upper part of Keowee are expecially beautiful this time of year.I live about 15 minutes out of downtown Greenville just over the Anderson county line.So it is convenient to Hartwell, Jocassee,and Keowee. I really wanted to go to the lake this weekend with this beautiful weather we are having, but I decided to wait till next weekend when I'll be off of work for a long 5 day weekend.Think we'll go to Jocassee next weekend, before all the trees loose their leaves. Last time I was in the water was the 16th. We put in at Portman shoals marina and went down almost to the dam to a friends lake house. Beautiful weather and slick water made for a couple brief 70 mph runs. I keep telling myself this engine only has about 5 hours on it, take it easy, but dang it was running good! On the run back up the lake we went up to the Clemson marina where I saw another boat like mine so I had to go investigate. As I was trying to turn around between the covered row of docks I herd someone yelling HEY!...HEY!... I turned around to see someone running down the gangway to the docks waving their hands. I thought I was in some kind of trouble and remembered thinking to myself I was just puttin around with the boat exhaust buttoned up and not creating a disturbance... what gives? So I kill the engine and ask whats up? can I help you? To which he replied, is that a 29, I say yes, and from there a conversation started about boats! Turns out he had just sold the 29 I was checking out at the docks and was going to be moving up to a 38.We exchanged names and I got an invite back to check out his new boat.This sport boat thing is a sickness and I'm glad I caught it!
A couple of photos at portman shoals marina ramp.We need some rain![ATTACH=CONFIG]561298[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]561299[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Lake Hartwell-20161016_164058.jpg   Lake Hartwell-20161016_164549-1-.jpg  
Old 11-09-2016, 05:12 PM
Registered

Received 99 Likes on 52 Posts

We sure do. I put off moving my dock as long as I could. I finally gave in and moved it this past weekend. But I have enjoyed this warm weather. Love still being able to get into the water, float and drink a beer or 2 in November.
Old 11-29-2016, 11:39 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The rain came last night for sure. Maybe some level changing for the better.
Old 12-03-2016, 11:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We plan on doing some boating on hartwell next year, just need to find a good ramp on the ga side. We live about the same distance from hartwell and lanier.
Old 12-05-2016, 09:24 AM
Registered

Harbour light marina is on ga side right at 85 bridge. Very close to 85. Gum branch mega ramp is just outside city of hartwell not so close to 85. But if coming up highway 29 easy to get to. I always launch at Crawfords Ferry small one lane corp ramp. Free never busy in very deep water.
Old 02-24-2017, 12:08 PM
Registered

Every year I throw a party to kick off summer. I call it DRINKO. This year it is May 20th. It is an adult oriented party. So normal lake fun. I have a party toon I drag out to a cove. Located here > https://goo.gl/maps/1CiDPpe745z
This year we will have a full live band playing. Music to start around 1 going to 5-6 range. It will be hard to miss us. Look for the double deck toon with a 3x5 pirate flag 20 feet in the air. Not to mention 15 or so boats rafted-up.
Old 05-15-2017, 08:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by outta control
Every year I throw a party to kick off summer. I call it DRINKO. This year it is May 20th. It is an adult oriented party. So normal lake fun. I have a party toon I drag out to a cove. Located here > https://goo.gl/maps/1CiDPpe745z
This year we will have a full live band playing. Music to start around 1 going to 5-6 range. It will be hard to miss us. Look for the double deck toon with a 3x5 pirate flag 20 feet in the air. Not to mention 15 or so boats rafted-up.
Is the party still on ?
Old 05-15-2017, 08:34 AM
Registered

Heck yea

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.