Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Southeast US
New to Cape Coral >

New to Cape Coral

Notices

New to Cape Coral

Old 06-25-2020, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

DONE! I could go a dissertation explaining all I did Friday-Tuesday troubleshooting non-stop, but I'll save the rant for a story-telling session when we meet one of these days. Turns out it was an ultra-hidden connection under the dash. Everything happens for a reason, and at least I now know where almost every darn ground and connection is between the helm and the prop. With almost all of them now cleaned and tightened, I'll be more relaxed on the water. I am also now sporting a new ignition key switch (broke the original plastic one while tightening to reinstall), new 90A fuse, new horn setup (goodbye horn relay), and a few other miscellaneous items. Cannon plug turned into a can-of-worms project of its own. But glad it is back-in somewhat reconditioned.

StarBrite Hull Cleaned the aft bottom and transom areas, installed the rubber flapper contraptions, installed the drive shower, and will put the hatch back on this afternoon with the help of an acquaintance. Quantessa will then be technically ready for the water! I feel like I need to throw a party for this! The City of Cape Coral code enforcement peeps must be getting their arrest warrant ready....

Old 06-25-2020, 10:22 AM
Registered

BTW, Any recommendations on a good "reasonably priced" boat detailer in the region? Looking for a comprehensive acid wash, polish, and wax...
Old 06-25-2020, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Glad you got it. For detailing call Bill buchanan with Nauti concepts. 239-222-5321. He does concierge and detailing services in the area.
The following users liked this post:
SpidRacer (06-25-2020)
Old 06-25-2020, 11:35 AM
Registered

Thanks as always Mike. Will reach out to Bill.
Old 06-27-2020, 02:55 PM
Registered

I’ll be back in town this week. Thinking of running to sanibel Saturday to put it on the hook and get in the water. Since several here are new. If anyone is interested. Let me know. 850-238-5655. Mike.
Old 06-28-2020, 08:10 AM
Registered

We may not be around by the time you get back. All you'll find is a giant lava blob.

I may be in on the offer. I'll confirm later in the week. I have a tentative commitment to be in Daytona to support a team running the ChampCar 14-hr enduro but I may pull out as I just read they are opening the event to a few thousand spectators throughout the IMSA event on Sat, and to ChampCar Non-Crew on Sunday. The C19 risk/reward may not be there for me now...

I am dropping off the 271 for polish/wax this afternoon (NextLevel Detailing in FM. Bill's folks could not take me until the 8th). Will likely get it back Wednesday or Thursday and may try to splash it before the weekend so I don't find my rookie-self in the middle of the madness. If I don't launch by Thursday, I'll wait for the following week Tuesday or Wednesday (7th/8th).

Crude Intentions (06-28-2020)
Old 06-28-2020, 10:20 AM
Registered

If you need a hand launching let me know. Use rosen park. Best ramp in the cape.
SpidRacer (06-28-2020)
Old 06-29-2020, 06:19 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Where is Rosen park? I’ve been using rum runners for pull out when I gotta get her on trailer
Old 06-29-2020, 06:53 PM
Registered

It is just south of Paradise Marina. SE 15th Street level. about a mile north of Veterans Pkwy/Midpoint Bridge. This is actually my "local ramp" as it is the shortest path to the river. I would go by it leaving from the house in SE 16th St.

I drove around Saturday afternoon to visit the trailer storage place Mike and you recommended as well as the different ramp facilities. I agree Rosen seems to be the best in the general vicinity. Two ramps (4 lanes) that look in very decent shape. Parking seems a bit limited, no floating docks, and no pilings on either side of the ramps so fender placement may be somewhat more important. But overall seemed like a good spot. Yesterday I decided to spend an hour there as well refreshing my memory on what not to do. I trust I will not be as bad as some I saw...!

Last edited by SpidRacer; 06-29-2020 at 08:21 PM.
Old 06-29-2020, 07:58 PM
Registered

Rosen is easy. You live close to me as I pass it going out also. Plenty of parking for most days. During the “lockdown” parking was short but other than that it’s rarely ever half full. I don’t use it on the weekend unless necessary. Being lift kept helps that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.