advice on Cape Coral Florida >

advice on Cape Coral Florida

Notices

advice on Cape Coral Florida

Old 08-18-2024, 07:06 AM
Registered

Received 192 Likes on 110 Posts

Huge storm leveled a lot of businesses

& boats due time it will be better then new! Our old fountain after 60k restore sad!
Old 08-18-2024, 12:15 PM
Registered

Received 820 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by 105Fountain

& boats due time it will be better then new! Our old fountain after 60k restore sad!
That recently or from a couple weeks ago when we had all
that surge from the hurricane?
Old 08-18-2024, 04:10 PM
Registered

Received 1,944 Likes on 768 Posts

I remember that.

Ugh!

Originally Posted by 105Fountain

Old 08-18-2024, 05:46 PM
Registered

Received 1,944 Likes on 768 Posts

Another way cool, local establishment.

The following users liked this post:
tommymonza (08-19-2024)
Old 08-18-2024, 06:11 PM
Registered

Received 192 Likes on 110 Posts

Erma years back
tommymonza (08-19-2024)
Old 08-18-2024, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 465 Likes on 195 Posts

We owned a home in the Yacht Club (Delano Ct) area for several years. We sold it a couple of years ago for a few reasons, but one of them was the horrible water quality that comes down the Caloosahatchee. We used to have birds at our dock when we cleaned fish but the last few years we had none. I dont mean just a few, I mean none! We used to catch fish off the dock, but it dwindled to just about nothing but garbage catfish. The shut most of the water down that went to the east coast so all of that crap came right down to Cape Coral and the Pine Island Sound. Do a google search and you can see allot of pics of thousands of dead fish, dolphins, and manatees, The bad water just choked them out. The blu/green algae bloom also does a number on the water quality. Frankly, I cannot believe that any boater really wants to stay in Cape Coral. The crap water filters down past Sanibel and Ft Myers beach before diluting with the gulf water. To the north, you have to get up past the power lines almost to Redfish Pass to get out of it. I understand that it is the most affordable real estate on the water, BUT, do some homework online and make certain that you understand what you are getting into.
tommymonza (08-19-2024)
Old 08-19-2024, 06:26 AM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Progress has been gaining traction mitigating this issue affecting not only SWFL but also SEFL (Stuart, etc.). Fighting Big $ugar (1 of 2 industries that own the most politicians) in FL, will continue to be a long process, but the finalization of this LOSOM is a huge step forward. Today, I personally have no dead anything and plenty of fish in my canal.

Lake Okeechobee System Operation Manual (LOSOM) has OFFICIALLY been signed into effect.

Ultimately, all the negative opinions and arguably exaggerated negative narratives contribute to downward pressure on waterfront property prices. Which may be a good thing, depending on what the buyer's priorities and criteria are, and the potential for improvement going forward. In my opinion, Cape Coral continues to offer some of the best bang-for-the-buck Gulf Access properties. Even more so if one believes the outlook is constructive inclusive of improved water conditions. Yes, of course there are negatives, but there are also many positives. If money is no object, there are plenty of other areas with crystal clear blue water (non brackish) under your boatlift. But if a buyer is looking for Gulf Access, the Cape Coral, Punta Gorda, Port Charlotte areas should be on the list to consider.
Old 08-19-2024, 06:40 AM
Registered

Received 465 Likes on 195 Posts

It is easy to look through rose colored glasses if you are invested there, as I did also. That said, I could easily imagine it being 10, 20, 30 years down the line before any substantial changes in water quality. Too much political clout involved.

I am not saying it is a horrible place, just do your due diligence before investing if water quality is important.
The following 2 users liked this post by 36Tango:
tommymonza (08-19-2024), underpsi68 (08-19-2024)
Old 08-19-2024, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks everyone for all the great feedback and advice.....
Old 08-19-2024, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 820 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by 36Tango
It is easy to look through rose colored glasses if you are invested there, as I did also. That said, I could easily imagine it being 10, 20, 30 years down the line before any substantial changes in water quality. Too much political clout involved.

I am not saying it is a horrible place, just do your due diligence before investing if water quality is important.
I moved to Naples 40 years ago and grew up on the beach running my parasail business in north Naples and Bonita and back than the water was clear enough you could see your feet in 5 feet of water. Naples bay used to still be clear back than. Used to dive the Tortugas and the Keys with beautiful coral and clear water.

Now days even if the water in Naples isn’t brown it’s so murky you can’t see past 2 feet. Keys Reefs are all covered in silt that filtered out the sun thus killing them. Diving in the Tortugas the visibility is always krap now from the silt run off coming from the Coloosahatchee.

The water quality on Fort Myers beach has been borderline toxic during the summer the last decade now.

Back 40 years ago the thunderstorms would come in from the east in the afternoon like clock work and drown us for an hour. Then the cool sea breeze would rush in to fill the vacuum and it was nice out and almost cool somedays ..
Last decade it’s hot in the 90s in April not waiting for June and doesn’t cool off until late November not in early October. And the thunderstorms never really develop they crack and rumble and than it sprinkles a little bit just enough to drive up the humidity further. The Gulf is so warm from all the dark runoff water that the sea breeze never comes in fully and stops offshore .

For decades up until my dad died a few years back we would run 40-50 miles offshore weekly fishing. Water quality is so much better out 40 miles compared to even 15 miles out.

Brought my trawler up to the Glades in Moorehead a couple weeks ago . When they slowly open the lock gates it looks like dirty oil spilling it’s so dark.

Last edited by tommymonza; 08-19-2024 at 10:28 AM.
Twin O/B Sonic (08-20-2024)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.