Looking at a 36' spectre

Notices

Looking at a 36' spectre

Old 09-11-2009, 08:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking at a 36' spectre

One of my customers called me today about a 36' 2004 with 1000 Keith Eickerts, it had Konrads, blew them then went to Bravos, blew those also. It's a bank repo at a great price. If we detune the engines say; to 800 and use a Imco SCT drives do you feel they will hold up, if so will they take more hp and torque?
What is the ride like in a 36, is there alot of tunnel noise? Is it a tunnel that blows water out the front and wets you at low speeds? He would be using it on a lake 90% of the time, what is the ride like in the ocean with rollers? Can you give me some examples of speeds with different power and drives?
Thanks Mark
Old 09-11-2009, 10:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MER Performance
What is the ride like in a 36, is there alot of tunnel noise? Is it a tunnel that blows water out the front and wets you at low speeds?
Thanks Mark
??? Dont know what tunnel noise is and have never seen water blow out the front of a tunnel. How cheap? Detune those motors so an XR, Imco, etc will stay together and should be a great boat. 36 spectres go over 100 with 500efi's and i believe do around 120 with 575's. Could pull those Eickerts way down and still go 120. Better be cheap. There are alot of nice Spectre 36's around for a little over 100K asking.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:31 PM
Registered

Call Jay - 727-599-8235 at Specte - he will tell you everything you need/want to know.

?? tunnel noise?? I agree-don't know what that is.....
Old 09-12-2009, 08:57 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thank you for your info. I'll call Jay. When I was speaking of water blowing forward out of the tunnel, what I mean is; say you are just above idle in gear and you have some waves coming at you with the wind blowing, will the water blow back forward of the tunnel and wet you? Had a 36 Skater, that would soak us. Speaking of tunnel noise; it's the water noise you get through the tunnel before the hull is packing air and lifts. I believe it can be bought for 75k, no drives.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:57 PM
Registered

great deal
no water in mine
no to water noise in tunnell
Old 09-14-2009, 10:29 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

tunnel slap at low speeds is what i think hes saying
Old 09-14-2009, 10:40 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MER Performance
One of my customers called me today about a 36' 2004 with 1000 Keith Eickerts, it had Konrads, blew them then went to Bravos, blew those also. It's a bank repo at a great price. If we detune the engines say; to 800 and use a Imco SCT drives do you feel they will hold up, if so will they take more hp and torque?
What is the ride like in a 36, is there alot of tunnel noise? Is it a tunnel that blows water out the front and wets you at low speeds? He would be using it on a lake 90% of the time, what is the ride like in the ocean with rollers? Can you give me some examples of speeds with different power and drives?
Thanks Mark
Mark we ran TEAGUE Platinum plus behind 1150s in the Daytona for lots of hours and never ever broke a drive, tried the !mco SCs and broke 1 every weekend before the change ... good luck
Old 09-14-2009, 07:41 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hi Mark, Some call the bow spray sneezing. Some of that is due to where the lift stakes or chines are set. Otherwise, CG will cause the bow to be more or less in the water.

Tunnel noise is primarily caused by material used in lay-up. Kevlar and a race lay-up makes enough racket that it may sound like your in the water. However, your probably in a super strong hull.

Just a suggestion....Put on a set of #6's and a ballast tank as needed.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:36 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I would stay away from number 6's on this boat. That drive is just too big and heavy for the 36. Yes you can make it work, but it will be a hassel. you have to fill the notch in the transom to get the boat close to being right with the 6's. I would detune the engines to the 700-800 range. The boat will be good for over 130 with that kind of power, and maybe even a bit more with a good set up. Stay away from konrad and b-max drives. I have yet to see those drives hold up.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:45 PM
Registered

Talking

I know someone with 525 efi's and he is blowing drives.They are XR's too. You have to be right on the money with the throttles or boom .

How do you blow a konrad??? and switch back to bravo's???

The guy in NJ has 575 mercs for 95k

Get your guy to step up to a 36 skater with sixes,and save him some money.I know a guy who knows a guy....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.