Spectre vs. Skater

Notices

Spectre vs. Skater

Old 01-31-2011, 02:50 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=seltzer;3311666]
Originally Posted by Baja555
Last time I checked you had a Kryptonite , not a spectre or skater.. I have looked at both when buying mine..Thats why I answered the original post..The spectre is a very nice looking boat, building quality is good but nothing compared to skater.. I wanted a 30 spectre until I rode in both , the 28 skater rides better and is much faster, plus the resale is way better.

As far as "way better resale" a skater demands more $ in the new and used marked for sure.
I think % wise the skater will depreciate more than a spectre. So the better "value" is a spectre.
I like both boats.
Hell, I like all boats....
SELTZER not pissin on your fire but do guys really buy boats based on what there resale value is gunna be and not what they really like about the boats looks, characteristics,power ??? thnx
Old 01-31-2011, 02:52 PM
Banned

Well it wasnt intended that way..And it's just my opinion.. thats why they make different brands
Xactly BAJA and its your opinion and your entitled to it if we all agreed we've have nothing to type about ..
Old 01-31-2011, 02:53 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

How many tanks have had to be redone on Spectres?
I have crawled all over both and will tell you build quality I cant tell a difference. Rigging has varied but most likely from rerigs from owners. When it comes to the 36 and up Skaters they don't compare. I would take a 30 Spectre over a 28. Skater did not become nice in my opinion until recently. They were fast but still dated.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Again the 36 and larger boats have remained beyond Spectre and didnt have any competition until MTI
Old 01-31-2011, 02:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last time I checked you had a Kryptonite , not a spectre or skater..
I've ridden in them both Spanky. Last time I checked you dont own a spectre, only a skater. What's your point? Congratulations, you're a genius. You restated exactly what I said. Technically, we agreed on the subject. It was nearly your overbearing ego of owning a skater that differentiated. Have a nice day.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:19 PM
Registered

I run AVgas so I have no problems with my tanks..
I see, sorry for my mistake. I was under the impression that you were looking for a fiberglass repair shop in Southern New Jersey to replace your fuel tanks according to your other thread.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rbr2328
How many tanks have had to be redone on Spectres?
I have crawled all over both and will tell you build quality I cant tell a difference. Rigging has varied but most likely from rerigs from owners. When it comes to the 36 and up Skaters they don't compare. I would take a 30 Spectre over a 28. Skater did not become nice in my opinion until recently. They were fast but still dated.
thats your opinion and OPINIONS are like azzholes and we all have one , however i surely would'nt buy a sphinter over a SKATER that it may need a tank redo for 5K or 10 K ..just my .02
Old 01-31-2011, 03:25 PM
Registered

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/n...th-jersey.html

I had thought you needed to have your tanks replaced after reading your post
(number 4) in the above thread where you say " Need to have my tanks done"

Last edited by FullAuto9; 01-31-2011 at 03:32 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FullAuto9
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/n...th-jersey.html

I had thought you needed to have your tanks replaced after reading your post
(number 4) in the above thread where you say " Need to have my tanks done"
No Douche, I dont NEED to have my tanks done.. My tanks are actually in perfect shape. they have always had AVgas in them. I just dont feel like spending 6 bucks a gallon anymore, so I am going to have them redone... And Spanky mastercraft you have only ridden in spectres because you dont have 1..When you get to be a big boy and buy a cat you can hail the mighty Spectres all you want.. If they were so great they would be better than a Skater and there wouldnt be anymore discussion about it.. The only one ever to do anything on the race course was Zipp and that was more the team than the boat.. So why arent Spectres talked about with the MTI, Nortech , doug wright and Skater? because they arent in the same class.. And if you have crawled all over the inside of both a skater and spectre and cant tell the difference, you deserve a spectre..
Old 01-31-2011, 04:05 PM
Registered

No Douche, I dont NEED to have my tanks done.. My tanks are actually in perfect shape. they have always had AVgas in them. I just dont feel like spending 6 bucks a gallon anymore, so I am going to have them redone... And Spanky mastercraft you have only ridden in spectres because you dont have 1..When you get to be a big boy and buy a cat you can hail the mighty Spectres all you want.. If they were so great they would be better than a Skater and there wouldnt be anymore discussion about it.. The only one ever to do anything on the race course was Zipp and that was more the team than the boat.. So why arent Spectres talked about with the MTI, Nortech , doug wright and Skater? because they arent in the same class.. And if you have crawled all over the inside of both a skater and spectre and cant tell the difference, you deserve a spectre..
Douche? is that the best you can do? LOL

Just to make sure you dont get worked up any more that you are now, I think both Skaters and Spectres along with Motions are all fine boats.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.