Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Statement!
considering a 35 or 38 CC >

considering a 35 or 38 CC

Notices

considering a 35 or 38 CC

Old 01-27-2021, 09:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default considering a 35 or 38 CC

I just sold my 36 Cat. I've had it for many years and have been very happy with it. But all things come to an end. I'm in market for a 35 to 38 Center Console.
I've had my run with fast boats and the maintenance that goes with them. I really like the Statements. I've found a 2021 35' for a fair price. (under 300K) It has twin 400's, runs close to 70 i would guess. Then for another 50-75K you can get a 38 with triples. Runs close to 75-80. I mostly fresh water boat but plan on towing to Florida to do some exploring. I've heard the 38 does not handle as well as the 38 because of the triples and being a little transom heavy. Just looking for thoughts and ideas on either. I don't have an unlimited budget so I like the idea of 300K range. Should I wait and buy used, or buy new. Not much used right now in the market place. Any idea that statement owners can share will be appreciated.
The following users liked this post:
38cigmike (08-30-2021)
Old 02-02-2021, 09:35 AM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 158 Posts

It is true the 35 with twins is a "happier" boat but it isn't some crazy noticeable ride difference that leaves one wishing they got one over the other

Rode on many of both and really unless you are looking to find/feel the difference then you won't. Both area great riding boats. I live here where Statement is built and we only ride in the gulf so with the waves or chop there is little ride difference to ever feel IMO.

The one clear thing I like with the 35 and twins over the 38 and trips is the extra transom area for ladders and access in and out of the water with ease as we island hop down here and are always in the water.

Pic for what I am talking about....there is drop ladders and much more ease getting in and out with this set up.

The black boat to the right is a 38 with trips and you can see the ladder mount area on it as well.

Last edited by Nate5.0; 02-02-2021 at 09:37 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Nate5.0:
38cigmike (08-30-2021), hoodoo (02-27-2021), Poker Face Xtreme (02-24-2021)
Old 02-03-2021, 09:09 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Default Statement

Thank you for the reply. I’m heading to statement in a few weeks. I talk to Craig at statement and he welcomed me down with open arms. just had heard some differences between the two. And the 38 didn’t handle as well with triples.I was wondering what other thought. Thank you sir😄
Old 02-24-2021, 06:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been running a 38 on Grandlake for 3 years and have been nothing but happy with the ride and the performance and statement have been wonderful with any questions I have had about the boat
Old 02-25-2021, 06:13 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 644 Likes on 303 Posts

Is it yellow/ gold n black or something like that? I have seen you and I am interested in a 35 Statement or 34 NT.
Just got to get this Go Fast bug outta my aZz first. Hopefully we can hook up sometime and so I can get a closer look.
It looks great from what I have seen of it.
Old 02-26-2021, 10:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Default 38 statement

Stache I’ve talked to you at one of the marinas on grand. I had a 36 eliminator Daytona when we met. I think yours has green on it?? I’m headed to Florida Sunday to look and try to make a decision. Can I give you a shout sometime soon? You can email me at [email protected]. If you don’t mind visiting with me. Thanks.
Old 02-27-2021, 09:02 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Fountain38
Stache I’ve talked to you at one of the marinas on grand. I had a 36 eliminator Daytona when we met. I think yours has green on it?? I’m headed to Florida Sunday to look and try to make a decision. Can I give you a shout sometime soon? You can email me at [email protected]. If you don’t mind visiting with me. Thanks.
let us know what you decide!!
Old 06-02-2021, 09:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Fountain38
Did you get the Statement picked up?