Stereo upgrade...Where to put amps? >

Stereo upgrade...Where to put amps?

Notices

Stereo upgrade...Where to put amps?

Old 06-08-2006, 10:55 AM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stereo upgrade...Where to put amps?

Referring to the 32, location options are limited in the cuddy. Where has everyone else installed theirs, and how tight was the 10" sub in terms of surface space for the cutout under the bench?
Old 06-12-2006, 06:30 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Default Re: Stereo upgrade...Where to put amps?

Wow hear the dust blowing around here. Come on fella's give it up. I've heard some have put their sub/s in the cuddy somewhere, or used 8" subs or tubes under the bench. Just placing the grill cover there to meaqsure it is just a tad too tight for the 10"ers I think. I'm now thinking about placing a single sub just inside the cuddy on the right, just to the left of where the sereo is located, and both amps in the big cabinet inside to the left? Any thoughts or alternative ideas?

Has not anyone gotten the upgrade stereo system from the factory? Where do they put all this stuff?
Old 06-12-2006, 07:58 PM
Registered

I put mine under the back seat. 2 JL Audio 10's. I custom built the boxes to fit under there. The speakers fire towards the outside of the boat. Works great and I didnt have to cut one single hole in the boat. Its mostly useless space way under there too and the speakers are protected, you can still throw an anchor on the other side. You will have to relocate the freshwater tank in the engine compartment if you use it, I dont.
Attached Thumbnails Stereo upgrade...Where to put amps?-summer-06-071.jpg  
Old 06-13-2006, 11:59 AM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Hey that's a novel idea. So you can clearly hear it thru the hull huh? What about while running which is my primary goal?
Old 06-21-2006, 04:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Reckless32
Hey that's a novel idea. So you can clearly hear it thru the hull huh? What about while running which is my primary goal?
Sorry, I missed your reply last week. The area in the gunwales to under the seat is all open, in my 288 anyway, I think they are all the same. I can actually lay on the floor and stick my head in there and look back to see the speakers. Bass is non directional it just needs open space to escape. Thats why they work just as well up inside the cabin. You cant see around the corner in the picture but its open. The speaker actually sits about 6 inchs away from the outside of the hull. Some stereo guys will say they sound tighter and hit harder this way because the bass "bounces off".
Attached Thumbnails Stereo upgrade...Where to put amps?-summer-06-074.jpg  
Old 06-22-2006, 01:21 PM
Registered

Here is what I did in my last 2 Sunsation. The 1 12" Sub application sounds like 2 12's to everyone who hears it.
Attached Images    
Old 06-22-2006, 01:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mykalvballer
Here is what I did in my last 2 Sunsation. The 1 12" Sub application sounds like 2 12's to everyone who hears it.

Here is my old Sunny.
Attached Thumbnails Stereo upgrade...Where to put amps?-stereo-1.jpg   Stereo upgrade...Where to put amps?-stereo-3.jpg  
Old 09-30-2006, 02:18 PM
Registered

Re: Stereo upgrade...Where to put amps?

Originally Posted by Reckless32
I HAVE A 2000 288 THERE IS A LOT OF ROOM FOR SPEARKERS I HAVE 23 IN MY BOAT MINE WAS A LOT OF WORK THE 3 10" SUB ARE GLASSED IN THE BOW OF THE BOAT WITCH IS WASTED SPACE THE AMPS ARE UNDERTHE SEATS IN THE CABIN SO THE SAY DRY THE BOAT ROCKS STANDING ON THE BOW WHEN THE BASS HITS U CANT SEE STARIGHT IF U LIVE IN MICHIGAN I COULD GIVE U A HAND