Can I get your input? NON Sunsation owner considering a new 32 SS

Notices

Can I get your input? NON Sunsation owner considering a new 32 SS

Old 06-28-2006, 02:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I get your input? NON Sunsation owner considering a new 32 SS

Hi Guys,
I am a current Baja Owner and former Fountain owner and I am in the market for a 30 -35 foot boat. I am looking at the Baja 30 Outlaw and the Sunsation 32 SS.
I really like the 30 Outlaw because of the conventional V-Bottom and the great ride quality. I considered the 35 Outlaw but it is a bit out of my price range when you add the 525's to get the speeds around 80 mph.
I have never been in a 32 Sunsation on the water but I hear they are great boats.
After looking at them in person I am really impressed with the quality,fit,finish and attention to detail.
I am concerned with the ride of ANY stepped bottom as my past Fountains ran good but not so great in rough water. Can I get you opinions on the following for the 32 SS
-Ride Quality
-Squeeks and Rattles ( my fountains were terrible)
-Hull Flex/Stress Cracks
-Handling
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have absolutely NO EXPERIENCE with the Sunsations other than VISUAL.
Jackhammer
Old 06-28-2006, 06:39 AM
Registered

Received 92 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Re: Can I get your input? NON Sunsation owner considering a new 32 SS

I owned a dominator for a long time but have ridden in a few new SS's. Ride quality is very good, but you should check for yourself. Rattles don't exist, at least on none that I have been on. I never got one stress crack in 5 years of running the snotty Lake of the Ozarks. Handling on the dominator was excellent, I don't have anough seat time in the SS to be a good source for that.

Factory support at Sunsation will surprise you. You won't find any better.

There was another guy who was looking at these two boats just a few weeks ago, so you can find his thread. He bought the SS last week.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jackhammer405
Hi Guys,
I am a current Baja Owner and former Fountain owner and I am in the market for a 30 -35 foot boat. I am looking at the Baja 30 Outlaw and the Sunsation 32 SS.
I really like the 30 Outlaw because of the conventional V-Bottom and the great ride quality. I considered the 35 Outlaw but it is a bit out of my price range when you add the 525's to get the speeds around 80 mph.
I have never been in a 32 Sunsation on the water but I hear they are great boats.
After looking at them in person I am really impressed with the quality,fit,finish and attention to detail.
I am concerned with the ride of ANY stepped bottom as my past Fountains ran good but not so great in rough water. Can I get you opinions on the following for the 32 SS
-Ride Quality
-Squeeks and Rattles ( my fountains were terrible)
-Hull Flex/Stress Cracks
-Handling
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have absolutely NO EXPERIENCE with the Sunsations other than VISUAL.
Jackhammer
I have a 288 and love everything about it. No squeaks or rattles, no stress cracks, great ride in the rough. Do a search on Sunsation in the general boating forum. There was a long thread comparing the outlaw 30 to the 32ss. Drive them both then go buy the 32SS.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:52 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is the Thread that was mentioned

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...7&page=1&pp=40

I am the Dealer that ultimatly sold the gentalman that started that thread his new 32' Sunsation

He traveled all the way from Canada to take a test drive in Michigan and go over his desires for a new boat. I took him out in the rain and in 3 to 4 foot waves he and his wife were very impressed with the capabilities of the 32'

If there is any thing i can do to help you with this please feel free to call
I will try to answer your questions

616-842-5370 or cell at 616-638-2215

Marc
Old 06-30-2006, 12:42 PM
Registered

Boatme, where from Canada was he? Just wondering if we are going to see another Sunsation in area soon?
Old 06-30-2006, 11:00 PM
Registered

I'm the guy that bought the Sunsation over the 30OL. Live in Western Canada (Alberta) so probably won't see you regularly Jeff!! I tested both boats and both were good.....just much preferred the service from the Sunsation dealers and factory. I can certainly say that the boat can handle rough water to a higher degree than I prefer to..........just ask Marc!! IMO the finishing and attention to detail for the average boater was better in the Sunsation. My boat is supposed to be ready the first part of August.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:11 PM
Registered

just my 2 cents.... I am not s sunsation owner, I was just being nosy in other guys forums....

I have had a HORRIBLE experience with a crooked and incompetent manufacturer. Even on a used boat, I will no longer buy a boat without extreme review of the service after the sale from the manufacturer, and everything I have been told about Sunsation has been first rate and reassuring.

My court date with the manufacturer I referred to is December 12, and all of their issues involved have been heard and settled TWICE in arbitration.... no one needs this schite, and it can be a much more difficult part of life than you ever realized.

In fact, I think I will by my next one based solely upon service after the sale, and how well a manufacturer will stand behind thier product. If I had the choices you have I would weight sunsations reputation very heavily.
Old 07-01-2006, 12:56 AM
Registered

I think the Sun is a nicer boat....., but the only thing i don't like is the placement of the shifters. I found that the stbd. shifter was tough to get to, and my forearm was rubbing against the side of the boat not allowing me to shift freely.
Old 07-01-2006, 04:58 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dun Canoein (Doug) and his wife (Joyce) were great to deal with

They certainly did there homework on the boat and made large commitments to the process by flying all the way here to test a boat that could have potentially be something different than they had expected (but it wasn't)
The boat they have ordered will be one great package with 525s in the engine compartment and some cool options (we are putting an intercom system in it ) Boat should be ready some time in August
Attached Thumbnails Can I get your input? NON Sunsation owner considering a new 32 SS-wharf-2.jpg  
Old 07-03-2006, 11:20 PM
Registered

Boatme...........Pleeeeeeeeease, early August!!!!
Dun

Quick Reply: Can I get your input? NON Sunsation owner considering a new 32 SS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.