Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sunsation
Sweeet looking dominator >

Sweeet looking dominator

Notices

Sweeet looking dominator

Old 05-08-2007, 06:59 AM
Registered

Received 92 Likes on 56 Posts

I'd recommend spending a little more and going with the SS. The factory has not had an order for the dominator (non SS) since the SS came out. Deeper boat with a nicer cabin. Weighs about 1000 lbs more but still runs a few mph faster on the same power.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:40 PM
Registered

Location: Lakeway, TX (Austin/Lake Travis) / LOTO Gravois Arm
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My $.02...is that the SS's lines have lost a bit of the "performance" look and in-water stance/attitude of the straight-up Dominator. Appears to me to be sitting at least 8-10 inches higher off the water -- and at running speed -- off the transom.

SS is still a great looking boat IMO, and a great performer from what I've read of it.

Again, just my own personal feeling about the style.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:52 PM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by GREEK LIGHTNING
bbraun, Being a dealer what are your thoughts about SS and non SS 32s? I have recently sold my 42 Cig and am looking for a less expensive and smaller twin engine boat. I see a few 32's for sale and a couple SS's with a slight price difference. Hideaway Marine has an 07 SS with 496 HOs for a buck fifty five. What would you recommend? Spend a little more for the SS or go with the non SS?
I personally think the dom is a great boat, but the SS seems to be the newer "better" model. You will spend more for the SS but you are able to get out of the hole quicker, reach higher speeds, better fuel economy, and a larger cabin with an enclosed head.Plus right now the SS models seem to be holding their value much better. Just my 2cents. The 32SS at Hideaway is a used 07 with low hrs. I do not have any dom on the lot but have a demo 06 32SS that will go for cheap and an 07 32SS brand new both with ho's. If I can help you in any way do not hesitate to email me or call my office at 757-961-9411
Old 05-08-2007, 04:59 PM
Member since the start
Charter Member

I agree, I prefer the look of the non SS. The cabin isnt that important to me and a few miles an hour more isnt a big deal. Did I just say that????? I guess what I'm looking for is a great deal on either model. Hell these boats cost less then the money I lost on my Cig in only a couple of years.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 166 Likes on 57 Posts

bbraun, Being a dealer what are your thoughts about SS and non SS 32s? I have recently sold my 42 Cig and am looking for a less expensive and smaller twin engine boat. I see a few 32's for sale and a couple SS's with a slight price difference. Hideaway Marine has an 07 SS with 496 HOs for a buck fifty five. What would you recommend? Spend a little more for the SS or go with the non SS?
Check out Jupiter Sunsation's boat.

Last edited by Lucky Strike Jr; 05-08-2007 at 08:11 PM.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:17 PM
Registered

Received 92 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by bbraun
I personally think the dom is a great boat, but the SS seems to be the newer "better" model. You will spend more for the SS but you are able to get out of the hole quicker, reach higher speeds, better fuel economy, and a larger cabin with an enclosed head.Plus right now the SS models seem to be holding their value much better. Just my 2cents. The 32SS at Hideaway is a used 07 with low hrs. I do not have any dom on the lot but have a demo 06 32SS that will go for cheap and an 07 32SS brand new both with ho's. If I can help you in any way do not hesitate to email me or call my office at 757-961-9411
The dominator will still whip the SS out of the hole, at least that is my experience driving both. It gets up on the pad faster and accelerates better than the SS.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 950 Likes on 510 Posts

I agree, I prefer the look of the non SS. The cabin isnt that important to me and a few miles an hour more isnt a big deal. Did I just say that????? I guess what I'm looking for is a great deal on either model. Hell these boats cost less then the money I lost on my Cig in only a couple of years.
Here is your boat: http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o16094-en.html
It isn't a 42X with 1075's but it runs low 70's and Lucky Strike can vouch for how it runs. Warranty until 2009 and $2900 insurance here in FL!

Boat was on the cover of Hotboat in 04: http://sunsationboats.com/articles/hotboat0304.pdf
Old 05-08-2007, 09:21 PM
Member since the start
Charter Member

Jupiter, where do you keep the boat? I'm going to be at my condo in Sunny Isles Beach the first two weeks of July. I know its not around the corner but I'll look you up. The only thing about your boat is the motors. I wanted at least 496s. That lil LS Jr. sure gets around on this site!! I should have just hired him to find me a boat. He knew the history of my last three Cigs better then I did. The other day on a Cig thread someone was looking at an 04 38' I had, LS Jr. remembered a quote I had made about the boat a long time ago. Pretty impressive...
Old 05-08-2007, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 950 Likes on 510 Posts

Jupiter, where do you keep the boat? I'm going to be at my condo in Sunny Isles Beach the first two weeks of July. I know its not around the corner but I'll look you up. The only thing about your boat is the motors. I wanted at least 496s. That lil LS Jr. sure gets around on this site!! I should have just hired him to find me a boat. He knew the history of my last three Cigs better then I did. The other day on a Cig thread someone was looking at an 04 38' I had, LS Jr. remembered a quote I had made about the boat a long time ago. Pretty impressive...
Ha, LS jr has seen my boat several times. Boat is kept in Jupiter, FL. The 6.2's are 320 HP per side but keep the boat very affordable in the insurance scam. The 496 HO is about 8 MPH faster in the non-SS hull but in this boat you don't miss the speed. The SS at Hideaway is nice but will set you back about 6K a year for insurance but it runs mid 80's.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:39 PM
KN
Registered

Greek Lightning that Sunsation in New Hampshire belongs to some friends of mine. I can tell you the boat is absolutely beautifull it looks even better in person. It is the cleanest boat I have ever seen. It is in absolute showroom new condition. There a lot of extras on that boat, the bow rail was custom made and looks awesome I've never seen a bow rail on any other Sunsation. The non skid texture on the bow has been wet sanded and is like glass. This boat is amazing. It's an absolute steel. I don't think you would ever find a cleaner used boat.
As for performance I have a 02 Dominator with 496MagHO's I have run as fast as 83MPH on GPS with lab finished 30" Bravo Ones the acceleration is amazing, power for power I don't beleive there is a quicker boat out there. I can cruise at 4000 rpm @ 70mph or 3500 rpm @ 60mph.
I would really like to run a SS I can't beleive their is a big difference in performance. I'm don't think it accelerates as well. It weights 1000lbs more.
And I personally like the looks of the Dominator compaired to the SS. No matter what you decide on hulls. Sunsations is one of the best boat companies out there, and they have the best customer service in the industries.
Give me a call if I can be of any help 207-839-6847

Kirk

Quick Reply: Sweeet looking dominator

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.