Old 06-26-2007, 11:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice lookin ride!!
Old 07-09-2007, 04:30 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

I like the tribal look, can't you tell....

With such great lines on the fairing, no one should ever have a solid paint scheme again. Looks super, congrats.
Attached Thumbnails Woohoo! 32SS on the way...-finish%7E1.jpg  
Old 08-26-2007, 01:57 PM
Registered

Saw you boat this weekend at Long Beach Harbor, and it looked AMAZING.. i had the 06 23 Baja Outlaw in front of you at the Yard House...

I'm in the market to upgrade within the next year and the wife really liked you ride.. i heard you start up, but by the time i got away from the table, you were pulling away..

Hopefully we can chat, so i can see how you like your 32 out in the Ocean with the waves we get here.. also would like to know which dealer you delt with out of state..

thanks man...
Mike
Old 08-27-2007, 11:44 AM
Registered

Mike,
I remember your Baja when we left. It is a great looking boat. We actually checked out a couple 30 foot Outlaws before buying the Sunsation.

I'm kinda embarassed, as the 32SS was as dirty as it's ever been on Saturday. I cleaned it up (finally) after that lunch run.

Overall, I'm very pleased with the boat. I had a few more problems than usual out of the gate, but most were Mercruiser issues and all were warrantied. I think the 32SS does just great in the Pacific, but I don't have a lot of offshore experience in other boats. It is night and day from our last boat, which was a 25' Laser Fury with a 496HO.

We've been to Catalina once already. Although it was a smooth morning, we really flew! I think we made it there in about 35 minutes out of Newport Beach (from the breakwaters). We went a bit slower on the return later that day.

Feel free to call me up sometime. I'd be happy take you guys out for a quick spin.

John
(949) 929-2513

Last edited by JohnnyG; 08-27-2007 at 11:55 AM.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:51 PM
Registered

I wonder why they havn't updated the "Out of the Factory" section on the sunsation site...I freakin love that! Still looking at boats...hopefully I will have made my mind up by mid winter here in Canada...I want something for next summer!
Old 08-29-2007, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JohnnyG
Mike,
I remember your Baja when we left. It is a great looking boat. We actually checked out a couple 30 foot Outlaws before buying the Sunsation.

I'm kinda embarassed, as the 32SS was as dirty as it's ever been on Saturday. I cleaned it up (finally) after that lunch run.

Overall, I'm very pleased with the boat. I had a few more problems than usual out of the gate, but most were Mercruiser issues and all were warrantied. I think the 32SS does just great in the Pacific, but I don't have a lot of offshore experience in other boats. It is night and day from our last boat, which was a 25' Laser Fury with a 496HO.

We've been to Catalina once already. Although it was a smooth morning, we really flew! I think we made it there in about 35 minutes out of Newport Beach (from the breakwaters). We went a bit slower on the return later that day.

Feel free to call me up sometime. I'd be happy take you guys out for a quick spin.

John
(949) 929-2513
What a great guy! But with a name like that what do expect Great lookin boat!
Old 08-29-2007, 11:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JohnnyG
Mike,

John
(949) 929-2513
John i'll take you up on that offer in about 3 weeks.. I'm heading out to Vegas to race my car at the PINKS "all out" event on Sept 7 & 8... after that weekend, i'm free on the weekends..

Side note, here is a shot from that weekend you saw my boat.. this was out pass the break wall..

and another..

sorry about highjacking your thread..

talk to you soon.
mike
(703) 898-8422
Old 09-04-2007, 01:30 PM
Registered

No problem, Mike. Give me a ring when you're back in town and we'll see what we can put together.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:38 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=JohnnyG;2249099]Mike,

I was wondering what you didn't like about the 30 Outlaw.? I have my boat listed and it is on my list of next boat
Old 09-06-2007, 10:33 AM
Registered

There's not much that I didn't like about the Outlaw (except for number 1), but there is plenty I liked better about the Sunsation:

1. I couldn't find a Baja dealer in my area that didn't want to jerk me around with over-inflated pricing. My 32SS was a better deal than ANY Outlaw I could find similarly equipped.

2. The Sunsation is pretty much a custom built boat. (Ok, semi-custom for you purists maybe).

3. Sunsation customer service is second to none in my opinion, and I've had it put to good use already.

4. I believe that the cabin in the Sunsation is probably the biggest in this size range of boat and I liked the layout better.

5. There were a few options on the Sunsation that weren't available from Baja (at least according to their website and the dealer I dealt with). One of these were upgraded XR drives with the 496 HO motors.

6. The custom paint jobs by Mitcher T for Sunsation are awesome. Pick from a bunch of existing designs or, optionally, you can work with Mitch to design whatever you want.

7. Due to the twin stepped bottom, the 32SS is a tick faster than the Outlaw with the same power. Mine has only seen 78 so far, but I've got XR drives too. I think it is good for 80+ in the right conditions. I'm carrying a lot of weight/options too (air conditioning, flushing toilet, huge inverter for the A/C, microwave, fridge, sea strainers, flatscreen DVD, and lots of other gear). More typical speed for 32SS with 496HO's is mid 80's. There are plenty of examples of this on the forums.

John

Quick Reply: Woohoo! 32SS on the way...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.