Sunsation questions. >

Sunsation questions.

Notices

Sunsation questions.

Old 09-21-2007, 07:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
I see on Sunny's site that JT is whining about driving his truck. I told him it does not surprise me that he buys a nice, new ride and lets it sit in the garage. It's no different than that F-4 that just sits on the lift all the time!
I agree... I think it's old age that does that to people

I bet I've put more hours on the Dominator just driving to his dock, than he has put on the F-4 all year

This ought to strike up some good conversation
Old 09-21-2007, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chevyzq8
All the talk as of the last few months seems to be the 38' range still. I'm guessing any new model is at least 24 months away though.

You will defintely give up some cockpit space, but either keep or gain some cabin space. The SS is a more practical boat for those with families due the height difference, and the Dominator is for those of us that love the sleek looks Length, cockpit size and cabin size are identical though on both.
Okay, I thought I had it figured out, but I guess I don't. The dealer told me that there is a BIG difference in the Dominator and the 32SS. He said that the SS is much deeper than the Dominator and that the cuddy would be as big or bigger than my 302. He also said that the cockpit in the SS is the exact same size as in the 28. ??????
Old 09-21-2007, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes the depth is 6" more, so the cabin feels much bigger in the SS than in the Dominator. Overall seating and bed space is the same, however you do get a enclosed head in the SS due to the extra height. The cockpit throughout the 288, Dominator, and SS are identical in size.

I haven't been in a 302 in awhile, but Baja's typically have a huge cockpit and smaller cabin. I would say the cabin in the 32 is going to be larger than your 302, but your going to take a hit in cockpit space. I too was concerned about cockpit space intially, but quickly got over that after driving the boat and feeling how great it drives/rides compared to others.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:28 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,272 Likes on 556 Posts

Originally Posted by TCBoss302
Dun,

Thanks for the information. Since posting, I called a dealer and the guy pretty much filled me in. The 32SS is the boat I would want, but without question, I would give up space. I wish they had a 35'. Thanks again.
The 32SS is a SHARP boat. It has a really aggressive stance on the water. Ca$hed Out here on OSO just got one this year, and having spent some time on his, its really sweet.

My advice is don't sell yourself short on just one brand. There are a LOT of boats out there in this mid-30-foot range. Beam and especially length vary GREATLY on how these boats measure up, for instance is the swim platform counted in the overall length of the boat? As an example, the 35' Nordic and the 33' Active Thunder are very similar in size, but a 33' Scarab is smaller.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
The 32SS is a SHARP boat. It has a really aggressive stance on the water. Ca$hed Out here on OSO just got one this year, and having spent some time on his, its really sweet.

My advice is don't sell yourself short on just one brand. There are a LOT of boats out there in this mid-30-foot range. Beam and especially length vary GREATLY on how these boats measure up, for instance is the swim platform counted in the overall length of the boat? As an example, the 35' Nordic and the 33' Active Thunder are very similar in size, but a 33' Scarab is smaller.

I have looked at other brands, but will take your advice and look at some more. At the end of the day, what I want is a boat that goes fast (when the kids are not aboard) and some creature comforts for not only the kids but the wife as well.
I also want turnkey power/speed......are there other boats that go low to mid 80's with HO's that have the length and creature comforts that the 32SS has?
Old 09-21-2007, 01:28 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,272 Likes on 556 Posts

I have looked at other brands, but will take your advice and look at some more. At the end of the day, what I want is a boat that goes fast (when the kids are not aboard) and some creature comforts for not only the kids but the wife as well.
I also want turnkey power/speed......are there other boats that go low to mid 80's with HO's that have the length and creature comforts that the 32SS has?
Yes.

Shoot me an email.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:04 PM
Registered

Received 1,004 Likes on 532 Posts

Make sure you check into Active Thunder's dealer network and see how many are produced each year. They are nice boats but Brian might not be there for you when you go to sell your boat. Sunsation has a decent dealer network and are producing 80-100 boats a year so you might not have to do a 10 page dissertation on the history of the brand when you go to sell it. Wayne and Joe (Sunsation owners) are top notch and you can call the factory at 6am and get one of them on the phone 5 days a week. They also keep a file on every Sunsation ever made so they can talk to you about any boat you may come across. They routinely give out their cell#'s and will put you through to their chief engineer Barry if you have a tech question 7 days a week. Just make the call and you will be stunned by the customer service even if you haven't bought a Sunsation.

Good luck to you in your search.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:32 PM
Registered

Received 92 Likes on 56 Posts

All the talk as of the last few months seems to be the 38' range still. I'm guessing any new model is at least 24 months away though.

You will defintely give up some cockpit space, but either keep or gain some cabin space. The SS is a more practical boat for those with families due the height difference, and the Dominator is for those of us that love the sleek looks Length, cockpit size and cabin size are identical though on both.
Exactly right.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
I see on Sunny's site that JT is whining about driving his truck. I told him it does not surprise me that he buys a nice, new ride and lets it sit in the garage. It's no different than that F-4 that just sits on the lift all the time!
What Truck

Come by tomorrow early afternoon - I have refreshments for you, and all you have to do is sit in the chair with your sun glasses on and watch me wax on/wax off.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:37 PM
Registered

I agree... I think it's old age that does that to people

I bet I've put more hours on the Dominator just driving to his dock, than he has put on the F-4 all year

This ought to strike up some good conversation
You have more hours - I have way more miles!

Quick Reply: Sunsation questions.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.