Dominator twin step hull >

Dominator twin step hull

Notices

Dominator twin step hull

Old 01-21-2010, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dominator twin step hull

What yr did the 32 dom go to the twin step hull? What are the differences ie, size, weight, performance, etc between the twin and single step? Thanks
Old 01-22-2010, 08:31 AM
Registered

They switched to the Dominator SS hull with twin steps in 2005. Prior to that it was only a single "vent" in the hull that stopped at the first chine.

The SS hull has an extra 12" of freeboard and a enclosed head. It weighs about 1000lbs more than the old dominator but the speed is the same or a couple mph faster.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by soonenough
They switched to the Dominator SS hull with twin steps in 2005. Prior to that it was only a single "vent" in the hull that stopped at the first chine.

The SS hull has an extra 12" of freeboard and a enclosed head. It weighs about 1000lbs more than the old dominator but the speed is the same or a couple mph faster.
Everything hear is accurate except the speed...the SS hull is about 4MPH faster motor for motor....
Old 01-28-2010, 09:02 AM
Registered

Thanks for the correction Bo-g. Now i need to get some seat time in your boat so i can verify the 4mph over mine Let me know when you would like to trade!
Old 01-28-2010, 01:49 PM
Registered

Any time...I miss the Dominator ride!! The SS is amlost boring the way it sticks in the water so tight!!! Amazing what a couple properly placed steps can do!!!