Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sunsation
New Sunsation Model: 26' >

New Sunsation Model: 26'

Notices

New Sunsation Model: 26'

Old 02-14-2010, 01:49 PM
NoQuarter

Default New Sunsation Model: 26'

I read the announcement of the 26' model in the newsletter. Does anyone know anything more about it? Curious if they are designing a brand new plug, or just shortening the 28' plug.

I would think this new model could be very successful if they can keep the price down. A lot of the people I talk with won't spend the money required for the bigger boats, because we can only use them in this climate, three maybe four months out of the year. Plus dock space in my area has quadrupled in price these last years, making easily trailered boats more attractive.

Its going to be interesting to watch this new model develop.

Old 02-15-2010, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 765 Likes on 413 Posts

More info coming soon on Sunsation's site. My guess is they will take the current 28 and cut it down.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:26 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why would they shorten the 28?? I doubt it will save any money in building the boat, seems like anyone who would want a 26 would prefer the 28?? I guess we will see??
Old 03-03-2010, 10:35 PM
Registered

I know they are doing a new 36 but I havent heard about no 26 and I live right down the street from the company so I would of thought I would have heard about that If I talk to anyone soon Ill ask
Old 03-04-2010, 08:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 26MartiniMan
I know they are doing a new 36 but I havent heard about no 26 and I live right down the street from the company so I would of thought I would have heard about that If I talk to anyone soon Ill ask
There are more announcments to come soon. They havent done a public release just yet.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:07 AM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
I read the announcement of the 26' model in the newsletter. Does anyone know anything more about it? Curious if they are designing a brand new plug, or just shortening the 28' plug.

I would think this new model could be very successful if they can keep the price down. A lot of the people I talk with won't spend the money required for the bigger boats, because we can only use them in this climate, three maybe four months out of the year. Plus dock space in my area has quadrupled in price these last years, making easily trailered boats more attractive.

Its going to be interesting to watch this new model develop.

We are currently working in the final stages for debuting the new 36' Dominator and things are coming along nicely. As soon as the 36 is to our liking we will begin the tooling on the new 26' that will have that price point you are refering too. We strongly agree with you that there is a market for that boat tfor the precise reasons you talk about. Stay tuned to the forums along with Sunsations website and our new FACEBOOK Fan Page