Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sunsation
Stress Cracks..... >

Stress Cracks.....

Notices

Stress Cracks.....

Old 09-06-2002, 02:48 PM
rick32

Default Stress Cracks.....

Does anyone have any stress cracks ??? If so where ???

Rick32

Old 09-06-2002, 03:34 PM
Bayley

helm area, below gauges.

Old 09-09-2002, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

94 Aggressor, stress on dash on left side of console, in the corners in the 90's at the rear corners and a few on the side at the windshield. No big deal.
Old 09-09-2002, 12:26 PM
Bayley

I kept saying was: "Hey, where did this little 28 come from..."

I found a few more cracks yesterday about the air intakes on the side. Just a few, no big deal. I've yet to find a boat (on the great lakes) with 200+ hours that didn't have any cracks.

Old 09-29-2002, 08:31 PM
Low Rider

I have a '94 Dominator with 502's and about 500 hours on the hull. This past winter I repainted the entire boat and had all the stress cracks repaired. The cracks were in all the standard places and were small with the exception of two locations. I had serious stress cracks on the port and starboard side about even with the dashboard under and outside of the windshield. They were on the deck and I had several on each side. These cracks had been repaired sometime in the past and they had returned. This hull must have some serious stress at this point because I had both entire areas rebuilt and this summer, the first summer after the repairs, the cracks have started again on the starboard side. I don't generally drive the boat hard but do get into some serious water occasionally in the Chesapeake Bay and the ocean. The cracks are not a real big deal I am just disappointed they came back so quickly after all the work that was done. If I know I could do something to get rid of them I would go after them again this winter. Hey Sunsation Dave is my Dominator the only one with stress cracks in this area?

John

Old 09-29-2002, 09:27 PM
Sunsation 32

I had a 92 Aggressor with 200+ hours and not one stress crack. I now have a 2001 32 with 80 hours not one yet. Both were just lake boats though.

Old 09-30-2002, 08:14 AM
Registered

Vaboater,

As the years have past, any area that was prone to stress cracks, Wayne has intensely modified those areas. It is impossible to build a boat that will not get stress cracks but we sure try. There have been some in the past but minor issues and as stated, we're always working on any areas that have had problems. Let me know if I can help.

DaveSunsation
Old 10-01-2002, 08:44 PM
Sunsation 32

Thats service with a smile!!!

Old 10-02-2002, 10:23 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

'96 Dominator, only stress cracks visable are around the helm just behind the throtles & around the air intakes very minor -considering some of the beatings it's had. Typical areas sounds like. Lake St. Clair can kick up some serious chop in a hurry. I'm impressed with how tough these boats are built.
Old 10-06-2002, 04:24 PM
Registered

I found this thread by way of a bad mouse click so I am adding my comments as a point of information, not anything else.

I recenlty sold a 1994 PQ 290 that spent the bulk of its life on the Big M. She had 400 hours on her when we sold her and she did not have one stress crack. I polished and waxed the boat from stem to stern twice every year and knew the hull intimately (not carnaly). It had zero, none, nada stress cracks.

The boat was rock solid and was truly a piece of work. Sorry to but in but somethines I think fast means cutting corners on the layup. Not that the boat will break, but it may flex more that a heavier boat and exhibit that flex as stress cracks in the gel.

I just hope my new boat is as good as the PQ was.

Kevin

Quick Reply: Stress Cracks.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.