Sink Drain/anchor locker drain? >

Sink Drain/anchor locker drain?

Notices

Sink Drain/anchor locker drain?

Old 04-03-2018, 09:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sink Drain/anchor locker drain?

Just got a Dominator and been going over the boat looking in all the nooks and crannys... it looks like the sink just drains to the bilge and doesn't have a thru hull to exit outside? Same deal with the anchor locker... water in there just drains thru and goes down the front V of the hull which soaks the carpet panels in the front forward compartment under the v berth... this seems like a terrible design...

Is this how other 32s and 288s are built? I want to come up with a drain system for them if so...

Also... I have 3 small bilge pumps all in a row basically between the two stringers in the engine bay... why three????

Everything else on this boat seems top notch as far as design but these two drainage issues seem super weird to me.
Old 04-04-2018, 07:08 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

If you give me a call I can go over it with you. 810-794-4888 Jeff. Please call before 3pm eastern time.
Old 12-17-2022, 07:07 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My sink has no drain through the hull either and also no water tank. Not sure what the sink is there for .
Old 12-18-2022, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 532 Likes on 216 Posts

Formula ran the sink drain into the builge also on 292 Fastech's. I installed a 90° fitting underneath the sink drain and install the thu-hole. If interested I could give you the part number of the 90° fitting. As far as the anchor locker goes. Formula did make it thu- hole for that.
The following users liked this post:
SabrToothSqrl (12-18-2022)
Old 12-18-2022, 10:06 AM
Registered

Received 972 Likes on 442 Posts

Originally Posted by moparjet
My sink has no drain through the hull either and also no water tank. Not sure what the sink is there for .
My Dominator has a through-hull drain for the sink but no water tank. I suspect it was removed by a prior owner at some point in the last 27 years.
Old 12-18-2022, 04:22 PM
Registered

Received 290 Likes on 167 Posts

Interesting. I took out the pump and some lines, and faucet on my FasTech 292. I don't think the sink was used in 22 years. We use the bowl as storage for wet things lol, but really it's pointless to me. If I used it, I'd also rather it drained out the side than down the bilge! From the bilge it would only end up overboard anyway... so what's the point?! I should plug it up and take out the drain and other stuff that's only in the way of more usable storage. I'll take a look at it next week. Thinking of taking out the never used freshwater tank up front too. No real reason to keep pushing all that weight around.

My 292, the anchor "rope" locker (don't get me started on that) has a thru-hull.
Old 12-18-2022, 04:56 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine doesn't have water tank or pump. Not sure why they even put a sink in there other than for looks
Old 12-18-2022, 05:35 PM
Registered

Received 370 Likes on 196 Posts

Gotta love how the factory comes on and says to call for info. Some go fast factories don't even answer or return calls!

Padraig
Old 12-19-2022, 05:59 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by moparjet
On the older 32 Dominators the placement of the sink was too low to run a thru hull fitting out the side of the boat so it had a drain hose that ran back under the wet bar and drained into the bilge. The water tank was a small jug tucked on the starboard side under the rear flip up seat cushion. It was removable so you could take it out and fill it up. Once the 32 changed to the SS/SSR hull bottom (2005) the whole cabin area became much deeper and those sinks had a dedicated thru hull drain.
The following users liked this post:
Padraig (12-19-2022)
Old 12-19-2022, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 972 Likes on 442 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Sunsation
On the older 32 Dominators the placement of the sink was too low to run a thru hull fitting out the side of the boat so it had a drain hose that ran back under the wet bar and drained into the bilge. The water tank was a small jug tucked on the starboard side under the rear flip up seat cushion. It was removable so you could take it out and fill it up. Once the 32 changed to the SS/SSR hull bottom (2005) the whole cabin area became much deeper and those sinks had a dedicated thru hull drain.
So is my older Dominator an oddball with a thru hull drain for the sink? #12 out of the mold, built in 1995.

In this picture it's at the lower right corner, a little difficult to see with the paint, right where orange meets black

Last edited by DrFeelgood; 12-19-2022 at 07:41 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.