Notices

288 mcob

Old 01-23-2019, 03:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sunny32SSR
I found this picture so hopefully it helps give you and idea of the tint. It used to have a Simrek drive shower but I see it is gone. Maybe it cracked and broke? They did on my 32 and I replaced them with Eddie marine. It also had a bimini.

The boat was USCG registered which is why there is the stainless plate on the starboard side in the engine compartment. Also, they should have bow filler cushions...
Did the windshield provide much protection when seated? I prefer to be out of the wind, was actually looking at that boat on CL, but this thread says the windshield doesn't offer much protection?
Old 01-24-2019, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 765 Likes on 413 Posts

Originally Posted by motuman
Did the windshield provide much protection when seated? I prefer to be out of the wind, was actually looking at that boat on CL, but this thread says the windshield doesn't offer much protection?
I'll clarify my comment on not noticing much difference between a fairing 288 and a windshield 288. I don't believe I sat while running either boat. I always stand when running (this was at LOTO). I also don't think I sat my feet down in the lower part of the footwell and leaned back to get out of the wind. So at 5'11" standing on the cockpit floor, I didn't notice any additional protection from the windshield. Hope this helps.
Old 01-24-2019, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 92 Likes on 56 Posts

Both the windshield and windscreen provide some relief from the wind if you are sitting. The wind is deflected up from both, so it is just a matter of the position of your head above the level of the windscreen or windshield. The benefit of the windshield is transparency to see through it, so theoretically you could get your eyes below to top rim. The downside is your vision is somewhat impaired compared to no glass or framing.
Old 03-01-2019, 02:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
I'll clarify my comment on not noticing much difference between a fairing 288 and a windshield 288. I don't believe I sat while running either boat. I always stand when running (this was at LOTO). I also don't think I sat my feet down in the lower part of the footwell and leaned back to get out of the wind. So at 5'11" standing on the cockpit floor, I didn't notice any additional protection from the windshield. Hope this helps.
- Does the 288 have a small pad near the transom? Do you have the sensation of "getting up on the pad", like a Velocity? (understand, not getting too high on the pad with a stock 496)

- How did the 288 MCOB run with the 496HO? Low to mid 60's?

- How did the 288 MCOB handle the weekend chop at LOTO?

Appreciate any feedback...I've been looking, but its almost impossible to get as ride in one out here on the west coast.

Thx!
Old 03-01-2019, 03:46 PM
Registered

Received 92 Likes on 56 Posts

- Does the 288 have a small pad near the transom? Do you have the sensation of "getting up on the pad", like a Velocity? (understand, not getting too high on the pad with a stock 496) YES

- How did the 288 MCOB run with the 496HO? Low to mid 60's? Mid 60s

- How did the 288 MCOB handle the weekend chop at LOTO? OK, but realize on holiday and big event weekends you will get in some rough wash machine stuff that you need to just use common sense in running.

Appreciate any feedback...I've been looking, but its almost impossible to get as ride in one out here on the west coast.

Thx!
Answers above
Old 04-03-2019, 06:03 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

there is one recently listed on FB powerboat swap shop