Let's see some Sunny's!!!

Notices

Let's see some Sunny's!!!

Old 01-30-2023, 11:27 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,213 Likes on 673 Posts

Originally Posted by Jtime
Awesome story, I've been going there for about 25 years, had several Baja's and now this 32. We try and go 4 times a year, mainly the holidays, Thunder Run and Poker Run. We stay at Jamestown, we have a friend on the 500 row with a houseboat. Brookville Lake in Indiana is our home lake, about 30 minutes to the ramp from our house.
Jtime,

I should clarify....

Cumberland is not our "home" lake, as you relate to it. It is where we PREFER to go when we've got a weekend or more to work with to make it worth the drive, and we do have a place overlooking Burnside marina. Our "home" lake, if I could bring myself to call it that, is Caesar's Creek, about 25 min from our home just south of Dayton. It's an overgrown mud puddle with 36mi of shoreline (as opposed to Cumberland's 1255). We spend most of our boating hours here because we typically DON'T have that full weekend to work with. We used to go to East Fork, in Amelia, OH, but it is even smaller than Caesar's, and twice the drive time, and our family connection that used to draw us there is no longer with us.

We went to Brookville once, just because it was something different. We decided we didn't like it because the ramp situation kinda sucked, in that there are none with any sort of breakwater to absorb the waves. But, to be fair, there aren't any on Caesars, either. The wake and surf boats are really making this a real issue at Caesar's. Are they at Brookville? Are the DNR tag nazis still an issue?

Thanks. Brad.
(937)545-8991
Old 01-30-2023, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 1,453 Likes on 808 Posts

Awesome story, I've been going there for about 25 years, had several Baja's and now this 32. We try and go 4 times a year, mainly the holidays, Thunder Run and Poker Run. We stay at Jamestown, we have a friend on the 500 row with a houseboat. Brookville Lake in Indiana is our home lake, about 30 minutes to the ramp from our house.
Isn't brookville kind of small for a 32? That should take you what, 1-2 mins to get from one end to the other? LOL.
The following 2 users liked this post by Wildman_grafix:
cheech (01-31-2023), Jtime (01-30-2023)
Old 01-30-2023, 01:54 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 10 Posts

I apologize, I read the post wrong. We went to Caesar one time about 6 years ago on Memorial Day when Brookville was flooded and had a not so pleasant situation with the water police late in the day, he basically wasn't a fan of our boat and our friends eliminator and another Sunsation and I swear we weren't doing anything wrong, I don't think he liked the Indiana registration numbers. I'll leave it at that and I doubt we will go back. As far as Brookville I started going there as a kid in the 1970's shortly after they built it, we always use Hanna Creek ramp which is more towards the north end and is kind of tucked back in away from the main lake in a small idle zone. We don't have any issues and my wife does all of the loading unloading with our Sunsation. Look it up sometime on google maps and maybe you weren't aware of that one when you came. You are correct, Fairfield, Bonwell and Eqypt Hollow Ramps are all out on the main lake and not a fan of them. We have a 5th wheel a couple miles from the lake so it's pretty convenient for us when we can't make it to Cumberland.
Old 01-30-2023, 01:56 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 10 Posts

3 minutes lol, yes it is but hard to beat in our backyard per say when we can't be at Cumberland every weekend.
The following users liked this post:
Wildman_grafix (01-30-2023)
Old 01-30-2023, 02:17 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,213 Likes on 673 Posts

I apologize, I read the post wrong. We went to Caesar one time about 6 years ago on Memorial Day when Brookville was flooded and had a not so pleasant situation with the water police late in the day, he basically wasn't a fan of our boat and our friends eliminator and another Sunsation and I swear we weren't doing anything wrong, I don't think he liked the Indiana registration numbers. I'll leave it at that and I doubt we will go back. As far as Brookville I started going there as a kid in the 1970's shortly after they built it, we always use Hanna Creek ramp which is more towards the north end and is kind of tucked back in away from the main lake in a small idle zone. We don't have any issues and my wife does all of the loading unloading with our Sunsation. Look it up sometime on google maps and maybe you weren't aware of that one when you came. You are correct, Fairfield, Bonwell and Eqypt Hollow Ramps are all out on the main lake and not a fan of them. We have a 5th wheel a couple miles from the lake so it's pretty convenient for us when we can't make it to Cumberland.
Jtime,

We've never had a bit of problem out of the lake patrol on Caesar's. But that's not to say they won't give somebody a hard time about nothing. I will say that every time I've seem them "intervene", we've been glad they showed up and glad to see the offending party go. There are some pretty serious hacktards on Caesar's. I will also say we are in a PQ280 that I run pretty hard sometimes and they haven't bothered me yet, despite there supposedly being a 50MPH speed limit on the lake, which is about half throttle for me.

We didn't know anything about the lake, ramps, nothing. We followed the blue line on GoogleMaps and dropped in where the road met the water. I couldn't even tell you what ramp we used, other than that it was on the main lake a rough as a cobb getting the boat back on the trailer. We did find the "party cove", and hung out there most of the day. We did not have a bad time at all, other than skiing was totally impossible, but that's case on Caesar's on weekends, too. If we head over that way (unlikely), I'll definitely look you up and use the Hanna Creek ramp.

Next time you're heading to Cumberland, give me a shout.

Thanks. Brad.
(937)545-8991

Last edited by Brad Christy; 01-30-2023 at 02:20 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Jtime (01-30-2023)
Old 03-05-2023, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Here is my 08' 288mcob
The following 2 users liked this post by the dan:
bencini231 (03-06-2023), Jtime (03-06-2023)