Who is a first time Sunsation owner >

Who is a first time Sunsation owner

Notices

Who is a first time Sunsation owner

Old 10-18-2003, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Who is a first time Sunsation owner

We would like to know who you are that has purchased a Sunsation Powerboat for the first time. New or pre-owned. What brand of boat did you come of, and why you bought a Sunsation. Love to hear from you on this thread.
Old 10-20-2003, 05:31 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Bought new and first in summer of 2001 from Extreme Offshore in Havre-De-Grace. Long story short: Most bang for the buck culminating from a year of shopping and comparing reviews in magazines; and countless OSO inputs. I wanted the "most" boat I could get that had sleek good looks; solid performance numbers in a single engine package; hull/hardware durability in mostly crappy waters; fuel economy; and the longest boat I could find (in the price range) and yet still comfortably tow with my 5.8L F-150. The 288 fit that bill and now 2.5 seasons later absolutely no regrets and no other choice made in my mind and recent experience would've performed like the 288 has in all the above categories.

Now I'm in need of a larger version with twins to heighten the experience and take on bigger waters. For all the same reasons listed above only the F-150 part will change as well....

Last edited by Reckless32; 10-20-2003 at 05:35 PM.
Old 10-25-2003, 08:58 AM
mlitefan

Purchased my "new to me" Sunsation earlier this year. 2000 288 with a custom Mitcher-T graphics package. I purchased it from another board member (cap071) and could not be more pleased. Great guy to work with and I know he will end up in another Sunsation himself.

Actually, Rick is the one who turned me on to Sunsation after seeing his at Buggs Island, just after he purchased. I had a 1999 VIP Vindicator 2400. Great entry level boat into this type of boating, (although it really was exclusively a lake boat). I knew very quickly I wanted much more than I had and after a long search for just the right boat, I found my current ride.

As I said, I could not be happier with the looks, ride and performance and it will only get better as I gain more seat time. 502MPI with Lightning headers, K@N filter and best speed earlier this year was 69.4 GPS on the James River near in Richmond. After adding the headers, I need to work the prop just a bit and hitting the magic 70 mph should be no problem at all. I thought about huffing it over the winter but have since backed off that idea and will work on making it sound better while rafting. Gotta put some tunes in it!

Thanks Rick for turning me on to such a quality boat and thanks Sunsation for making it!!! This boat has really opened up the choices where I can boat and I plan on making more trips down to the beach next year.

Give me another two seasons and I am sure I will be stepping up to a 32.

Old 11-16-2003, 08:36 PM
Are we having fun, yet?
Charter Member

I purchased my 95' 32 Dominator w/500hp's, at the end of last year. Purchased it from a guy in Illinois. Saw the ad on OSO. The ad stayed on the site for only a few days. I didn't stop at many ads that didn't have pictures, this one sounded to good not to take a look. After I saw pictures(a couple of days later), I knew it was the boat for me. It was the cleanest used boat I looked at and I looked for almost 2 years. My hull is the 13th out of the mold and it was the Hot Boat feature boat Nov/Dec 95.
A good friend of mine also has a 32' Dominator and another good friend has a 303 Formula. I really wanted the 303, but he wasn't ready to sell.
Due to a rainy spring, I didn't get to use it as much as I would have liked to this year.
I am very pleased with The Sunsation and everyone I have talked to at the factory. I have called several times to get information. Thanks and keep up the good work!
Old 11-24-2003, 06:49 PM
Lucky

Well I should be the owner of a new 288 sometime in February or March.

I just wish I could start using before May 1 when my in/out service starts.

Old 01-23-2004, 12:25 PM
Lucky

Originally posted by Lucky
Well I should be the owner of a new 288 sometime in February or March.

I just wish I could start using before May 1 when my in/out service starts.
I am now. Boat is done and pics are posted.

Just can't wait for the spring time!!!

Dave

Old 01-25-2004, 10:59 PM
Banned

After looking and reading about Sunsation for a long time, I purchased new to me a bank repossesed 2001 Dominator. After a sea trial, I was not happy with the ride. The back end was all over the place. Hard to believe after 125 Hours of use there was that much slack in the steering system. I still made the purchased.
I trailered the boat home 8 hours using my Z71 with no problems. Another benefit was to get a 32' boat without buying a new bigger truck.
Now I am waiting for the shop to fix the steering so I can get some serious ass time in. Photo's can been viewed at WWW.GCoffshore.com Boat of the month.

By the way Sunsation is not very popular here in South Louisana/ Gulf Coast area maybe 1 other boat, but I have had nothing but rave reviews from my boating friends who have never seen one upclose before.

Steve

Last edited by Red Thunder; 01-25-2004 at 11:06 PM.
Old 01-26-2004, 10:32 AM
Registered

Red Thunder.. I read you posting here. I am responding to you on your steering and it seems to me that your Sunsation does not have full hydraulic steering which was an option in 2001.That will take care of the problem.All 32 Sunsations are now standard with full hydrauic steering. and it is night and day. Add the IMCO system to your Sunsation, you will never run a boat with out it. GORGEOUS BOAT. GOOD LUCK!
Old 01-27-2004, 09:21 AM
Registered

I will never buy another boat without full hydraulic steering. If it does`nt have it when I buy it, I`ll put it on.
Old 01-29-2004, 04:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I sold my boat to Mlitefan and now I wish I still had her! LOVED the boat over my old checkmate n Baja NO comparing. Just wish pop-up cleats were on the boat. Best looking boat in that class and most options and style for the $$ a single that does pretty much almost 70 all day when everyone else in that class has twins, and they are either NO faster or only 2 mph faster

Quick Reply: Who is a first time Sunsation owner

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.