288 Headed to Mitcher T >

288 Headed to Mitcher T

Notices

288 Headed to Mitcher T

Old 02-06-2004, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by jmackin
Congrats! Looks good, my only concern would be the battery boxes. Looks like the ones they sell at k-mart.

That would be these battery boxes..
Attached Thumbnails 288 Headed to Mitcher T-496magho.jpg  
Old 02-06-2004, 12:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NEW SUNSATION

I saw you boat going together when I was up 3 weeks ago picking up a 288. The people are as impressive as the detail that goes into the boat. Everyone pays such close attention to detail and are constantly seeking way to make a great thing better. Each trip I see something to impress me again.

Ditto's on the cold. When there, was snow and ice.
Attached Thumbnails 288 Headed to Mitcher T-snow-sunsation-tow-mi.jpg  
Old 02-06-2004, 02:33 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Those boxes are meant to prevent the batteries from being submerged in case you strike something and start taking on water your batteries won't short out. I know of a 35 Cig that started taking on water during our poker run and it was coming thru the flanges from the k-plane cables. Well the guys onboard was having a hell of a time dealing with it because when they got into the engine compartment they were taking juice. Luckily the Tow Boat tossed them a hand pump and they were able to bail and pump enough to dry the batteries and start the motors for a dash to the boat ramp. I came along and was towing them thru it all...They're ugly but very practical.
Old 02-19-2004, 08:10 PM
Lucky

Hey Guys,

Also, the boxes cover the wiring so if I have any items stored in the engine compartment they could not short out if they came loose.

I did not think twice about the quality of them. They seem ok to me.

My only conern is the swim ladder.

I don't remember ordering one and certainly can't live with out one. Remember this is a family boat first and foremost with two young children and a wife.

I guess I will check it out. Never heard of swim ladder being an option on an integrated swim platform boat.

Thanks,

Dave

Old 02-19-2004, 08:11 PM
Lucky

Default Re: NEW SUNSATION

Originally posted by Hi-Tech Marine
I saw you boat going together when I was up 3 weeks ago picking up a 288. The people are as impressive as the detail that goes into the boat. Everyone pays such close attention to detail and are constantly seeking way to make a great thing better. Each trip I see something to impress me again.

Ditto's on the cold. When there, was snow and ice.
Thank you Bill,

I have been very impressed with Dave Hare and the gang at Sunsation!

I am very happy with my selection. I just think this is the longest winter I have had in at least 10 years.

Dave

Old 02-20-2004, 06:51 AM
Registered

This is what the factory swim ladder looks like (If you can see it ) It slides out from under the platform and unfolds.
Attached Thumbnails 288 Headed to Mitcher T-stern.jpg  
Old 02-20-2004, 07:18 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I made the walmart remark. As long as they are strong enough to take the beating and your batteries dont bounce around the bilge. I had the composite GIL battery boxes in my PQ and manged to break both of them. Replaced them w/ the aluminum ones and would never have anything else on a boat that runs in open water. Just my opinion.
Old 02-20-2004, 07:41 AM
Registered

I have dual batts. in my baja and have broken the plastic offshore type hold downs several times. I am not a big fan of the plastic k-mart ones,, the batts. flop around in them and they are pretty much junk,, although like mentioned they do prevent a short..
Old 02-20-2004, 01:49 PM
32' SUNSATION
Platinum Member

Originally posted by Chris232
I have dual batts. in my baja and have broken the plastic offshore type hold downs several times. I am not a big fan of the plastic k-mart ones,, the batts. flop around in them and they are pretty much junk,, although like mentioned they do prevent a short..
Well it was in a Baja, so that's understandable. This is a Sunsation. It would take much bigger waves to get the same beating as the Baja.....LOL....

Just bustin Ya Chris232...
Old 02-20-2004, 02:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sweet ride K-planes n steering . Damn I miss mine more n more with this thread!

Quick Reply: 288 Headed to Mitcher T

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.