Wanna see a new boat?... >

Wanna see a new boat?...

Notices

Wanna see a new boat?...

Old 03-07-2004, 07:29 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree, For a 32 I would expect a bit more cockpit space. Is the cockpit the same on a 32 as a 28 Sunsation space wise?

But I still want 1
Old 03-07-2004, 11:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please may i respond to the cockpit space for the guys and gals who are 6 foot plus. I am 6 foot 5 inches tall and 295 lbs, and also a very happy large man who is part of Sunsation Powerboats. We have restyled the dash helm in both the faring and the windshield models to give the taller long legged boater the space with recess two tier foot rests for added comfort. The seating behind the McLeods bolsters allows excellent knee and leg room to stretch straight out with the pistol grip handles in front of you. There is room to stand behind the bolster and to hold on to the grips to admire the sleek long deck on both the 32 and the 28.With the way the cockpit layout is designed, the center of gravity is right where it needs to be to deliver optimum performance for the customer.There are other performance offshore competitors with limited room throughout the cockpit and even an average size person has trouble getting behind the wheel,or their knees up against the helm and cannot see the instrumentations on the dash. Please take a look at our boats and see what we have done with the changes for 2004-2005. Thanks !!

Last edited by DENNY SUNSATION; 03-08-2004 at 09:07 AM.
Old 03-07-2004, 05:38 PM
Are we having fun, yet?
Charter Member

I know that you are getting anxious!!! Very glad to see you get into the 32. Keep the pictures coming, as you get them. Are you going up to Sunsation to pick it up or having it delivered. If going up and need a hand driving, let me know, I'd love to see the facilities.
Old 03-08-2004, 07:39 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

My passengers have always loved to stand behind the seats when running in my 2002 288. Of course if I was of larger than average size as yourself and family it would definitely be a consideration. But for us average Joe's (6'1") it suffices...
Old 03-08-2004, 07:47 PM
Registered

thanks Denny and Reckless. I'll look again.

p.s. congrats on the new ride. I would love to be able to purchase a new boat and follow it all the way thru its build process.
Old 03-08-2004, 08:44 PM
mlitefan

Originally posted by Reckless288
Zero huh? I guess I get no seats.....
This one had me rolling on the floor!!!

Seriously, in the 288, the McLeod interior does take up a bit more room than the standard interior. Not sure I would have ordered mine with it but I do love them now that I have them.

The biggest thing I had to get over when stepping into a boat of this style was the fact that none of the cockpits are exactly huge. One of the first things I did was sit in the back of my 288 and immediately felt very secure with the layout.

Old 03-08-2004, 09:18 PM
Registered

Good !! let the boats dance.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:45 PM
Lucky

Congrats Reckless on the new 2004 32!

I wish we would have been able to move to the 32 however, I am confident we are going to the the BEST summer ever in our new 288!

Dave

Old 03-09-2004, 04:38 AM
Registered

Just a little Input on the Cockpit Space here -

We put tremendous time into space consideration in the design phase of both the 32 and 288 and the overpowering concern with moving the cockpit space forward or stretching it would be what you loose in the "Ride". Being a performance manufacturer, ride to us is everything and that means balance of the boat is a serious issue. Having a boat that “fly rights, plains right, turns right" are critical. If you research the fuel efficiency and quickness of our hulls they’re at the top of the list against any other 32 or 28/29 with identical power. With that said, it also gives you great cabin space which many folks surely appreciate. Hope this sheds a little light on the rhymes and reasons and always feel free to call us regarding your Sunsation questions.

DaveSunsation
810-794-4888
Old 03-09-2004, 04:59 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Who said cuddy?.....
Attached Thumbnails Wanna see a new boat?...-cuddyraw01.jpg  

Quick Reply: Wanna see a new boat?...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.