Notices

Interesting letter

Old 03-04-2006, 05:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Interesting letter

Originally Posted by racesdad
I Say Give It Time , I Know, For A Fact, Jc And Paul Have Talked. Now It Is Best For The Sport To Let The Owners And Chairpeople Work This Out . I Know I Will Be In Discussions On This For A Possible Resolution. I Do Mean Possible,now Second Point This Should Not Be Dicussed By You Non Racing Members, This Will Ruin All Credibility Of All Sactioning Bodies. Leave It Up To Us To Work To Resolve, You Have No Idea How Hard This Is.
I Was Racing When We Had Over 125 Boats At A World Chapionship, Sarasota, And Many Others.
Let Us Do Our Jobs, Which With All These Boats Registered, We Are In All Bodies,oss,sbi-apba,opa And Working Together Like Oss And Opa,we Will Get It Done Or We Will Move On. This Letter Was Nothing But A Invite To Discuss. Nothing Else. Great Letter Ken I Know We Will Continue To Work On This, I Will Make Sure Of That.i Hope To See You At A Few Of Our Races And Invite All Apba And Opa Racers To Our Events. We Welcome All With Open Arms, Just Ask Instagator.
Lets Keep This Positive.
Mike Stancombe
Mike I think we are trying to Keep this Positive. as for telling NON racers to keep out of it you never no some of these Non racers may want to race but are uncertain of the direction the racing is going.
Old 03-04-2006, 05:45 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

they know, and let them decide. they need to join a club and try it, it looks like opa would be a great start for anyone to get thier feet wet, in expensive and fun. that is what i would do, i started in run what ya brung 9in sarasota 1984 with dad, now look,22 years later in it head deep.
any newbies want to race contact me on peppersracing site or see me at a race, and i will be glad to talk to ya.
IF THIS CONTINUES WE WILL SCARE ALL POSSIBLE NEW PEOPLE AWAY.
YOU WANT SOMETHING WORKED OUT GET INVOLVED IN YOUR SACTIONING BODY AND GET THE BALL ROLLING. THATS WHAT I DID.
LETS KEEP IT THERE , AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE. take the high road
PLEASE GET INVOLVED WHERE IT COUNTS
O S S , A P B A-S B I, O P A OR LEAVE IT ALONE
mike
tman
peppers racing
Old 03-04-2006, 05:50 PM
Registered

Again, Im Done With This Airing Laundry In Public. We All Will Work Hard To Make Racing Fun, I Just Came Off One Of The Funnest Years Ever With Oss. I Hope Everyone Has A Great Year And Lets Get To Work On Next Year.
This One Is Already In The Bag
Thanks
Mike Stancombe
Old 03-04-2006, 05:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With over 70 boats register with SBI /APBA in Key West this year the sport is growing. Also the growth of OPA this year Offshore is heading in the right direction. We need to stay the course and be positive and good things are coming. The CR and Key West are working very hard as we speak for this coming year with lost of change,and new fresh idea. New date, new dry Pitt's, new promotions, linking to the Homestead race, and possible live TV from the World !!!!
THE SPORT IS WELL AND GETTING STRONGER!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-04-2006, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm a new guy on the fence. All the bickering is a huge turnoff. To get my feet wet OPA is the obvious choice for many reasons. Simply put, OSS is all closed cockpits, and APBA is "almost" all Florida. Not to mention not wanting to wade into a mine field, it's much cheaper to run OPA and closer to home.

But, even if I wasn't budget drivin, the crazy stuff between the big two would scare me and any potential sponsor away for sure.
Old 03-04-2006, 06:06 PM
Registered

Theres Our First Real Answer To Stop Airing This Here.
1 Down, And How Many More Are You Willing To Scare Away ?
Underdog, Great Choice And Those Guys Are A Riot To Be Around. Yess, Oss Is Safety First, Sorry! We Feel It Is The Best Not To Have Open Cockpit Boats.
Welcome, If You Come To The St Claire Race Come By And Say Hello, We Have Plenty Of Rum, From Our Sponsor, Always Willing To Welcome The Guys That Are Going To Caryy On After All Of Us Retire.
Just Dont Think Its Coming To Soon Though
Mike Stancombe
Peppers Racing
Osscl # 2
Old 03-04-2006, 06:08 PM
Registered

Oh Yeah Our Sponsor Is

Sailor Jerry Spiced Navy Rum
92 Octane And Fun Tattoo's
Old 03-04-2006, 06:31 PM
Registered

92 proof....whoa, got keep Jimmy (Trophy *****) away from that stuff. He'll be doing squats with me on his back! See you guys in BEAUTIFUL Picwick, Tenn
Old 03-04-2006, 06:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by racesdad
Oh Yeah Our Sponsor Is

Sailor Jerry Spiced Navy Rum
92 Octane And Fun Tattoo's
GOOD CHIT TOO!!!!!
Old 03-04-2006, 06:37 PM
Racer
Racer

As a fairly new racer, you have to go were you feel most wanted. OPA has givin me that feeling. To get together in Key West, everyone has to put there motives aside, wether its ego's or need for financial gain and do this one for the fans first then the racers, having all the orginizations together at one place wether or not they are actually competing in the races would make for one collosal event, giving a boost for all involved.

safe racing,
Louietherigger

Quick Reply: Interesting letter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.