Hollwood race dicesion on Mcossukee >

Hollwood race dicesion on Mcossukee

Notices

Hollwood race dicesion on Mcossukee

Old 02-13-2007, 02:17 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BUIZILLA
welp, if that's the case, then at least 5 or 6 boats should have been disqualified in KW at turn 2 antics...

JH
Buizilla,

To the best of my memory, there wasnt any accidents in turn 2 at KW. The above rule being stated, every team(that allegly got cut off) had the oportunity to file a protest, but they didnt. I see that you live in Miami so I assume you call the FHP everytime someone does a close call and cuts you off on 95without signaling(as stated in our laws) With this incident unfortunatly there was an accident rendering an investigation which SBI/APBA with Jeff's(Freeze Frame) help felt they had enough evidence to come to the decision that they did.

Back in the pits, both teams handled it as class acts and I am sure both will be back out in either St Cloud or Miami running hard and competing again against each other. I am also sure that both teams would want to move forward from this and put it behind them.

Trent
Old 02-13-2007, 03:03 PM
instigator
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wasn't aware there was a collision in Hollywood concerning this matter...

however, at KW I was positioned as Med 2 at turn 2, there were 4 occupants on my boat that witnessed what we saw, there was also an SBI spotter on the catamaran that asked us on two different occasions if we saw what he did... and we did. One racer completely cut the corner INSIDE the buoy, there were at least 3 or 4 other instances of cutoff's. I reported the infractions. My eyes don't lie to my brain.

JH
Old 02-13-2007, 04:13 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BUIZILLA
I wasn't aware there was a collision in Hollywood concerning this matter...

however, at KW I was positioned as Med 2 at turn 2, there were 4 occupants on my boat that witnessed what we saw, there was also an SBI spotter on the catamaran that asked us on two different occasions if we saw what he did... and we did. One racer completely cut the corner INSIDE the buoy, there were at least 3 or 4 other instances of cutoff's. I reported the infractions. My eyes don't lie to my brain.

JH
I understand fully, and I am sure that our moderator Frank will see your posts and forward them to the SBI office in order for them to review and make them aware if something is affoul and they can either enhance or change this situation from arising again.

On a side note, thank you for volunteering to be a med boat and ensuring our safety on the course.

Trent
Old 02-13-2007, 07:16 PM
Registered

I received my Freeze Frame DVD of the race and the mishap was clearly caught on tape. My initial impression is that Miccusokee carried their speed into the inside of the turn while DVC was slowing on the outside of the turn. I wasn't in either boat, so I have no more details than what I've seen in the video. However, it appears that if DVC carried a little more speed and Miccusokee a little less, they would've easily missed each other...of course, hindsight is 20/20.

For lack of a better explanation and application of the rule book, it would appear that Miccusokee did not maintain their lane. Bottom line...it looks like it was "just racing".

It's an unfortunate mishap, but at least no one got hurt (you should've seen the hard left Crazy Chicken had to make to avoid being part of the mishap...glad they stayed in the boat).

Sean
Old 02-13-2007, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TGOR
(you should've seen the hard left Crazy Chicken had to make to avoid being part of the mishap...glad they stayed in the boat).

Sean
Yea, I'd like to see Dee's in boat camera of that turn!!! Yikes!!
Old 02-13-2007, 10:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default crash pics

here are some more of the damagae to steve quick's deep v cat. Hard to tell what happened from shore.
Attached Thumbnails Hollwood race dicesion on Mcossukee-dsc00488.jpg   Hollwood race dicesion on Mcossukee-dsc00486.jpg   Hollwood race dicesion on Mcossukee-dsc00484.jpg  

Old 02-14-2007, 09:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We should all reach out and try to help Lee in any way we can, he has always been there for anyone that ever needs help. Its time for his friends and racing brother be set up. St Cloud is close and we don't want him to miss that race.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:51 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Lee, glad your OK Brother
Old 02-15-2007, 07:12 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by TGOR
I received my Freeze Frame DVD of the race and the mishap was clearly caught on tape. My initial impression is that Miccusokee carried their speed into the inside of the turn while DVC was slowing on the outside of the turn. I wasn't in either boat, so I have no more details than what I've seen in the video. However, it appears that if DVC carried a little more speed and Miccusokee a little less, they would've easily missed each other...of course, hindsight is 20/20.

For lack of a better explanation and application of the rule book, it would appear that Miccusokee did not maintain their lane. Bottom line...it looks like it was "just racing".

It's an unfortunate mishap, but at least no one got hurt (you should've seen the hard left Crazy Chicken had to make to avoid being part of the mishap...glad they stayed in the boat).

Sean
Sean,
Thanks for your astute observation. We HAVE noticed that our boat decelerates when we turn left . We are doing our best to overcome this problem, but so far we have found no solution. Maybe AMF could loan us an afterburner. SQ
Orders for 08' DVC hulls now being taken.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:26 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
We should all reach out and try to help Lee in any way we can, he has always been there for anyone that ever needs help. Its time for his friends and racing brother be set up. St Cloud is close and we don't want him to miss that race.
Amen to that Frank. I have seen him working all night in the pits , competitors or not.
SQ
Orders for 08' DVC hulls now being taken.

Quick Reply: Hollwood race dicesion on Mcossukee

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.